NZ Premiership Matches to be Live Streamed

• Like 8

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 10th May
7:00am Women's New Zealand Premiership: Richmond Bulldogs v Otahuhu Leopards
9:00am New Zealand Premiership: Richmond Bulldogs v Otahuhu Leopards

https://www.youtube.com/@AucklandLeagueTV 

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Wednesday 10th May
7:00am Women's New Zealand Premiership: Richmond Bulldogs v Otahuhu Leopards
9:00am New Zealand Premiership: Richmond Bulldogs v Otahuhu Leopards

https://www.youtube.com/@AucklandLeagueTV 

That should be Howick v Otahuhu in the women's premiership.

Richmond don't appear to have a women's team this year. There's a combined Point Chev/ Ponsonby team playing under the name "City".

Auckland RL have lost a number of female players to NSW and QLD comps in recent years.

8 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I assume these games are being played under lights?

Last week's games were played under lights at North Harbour Stadium. The Manurewa v Mt Albert women's game was also played under a deluge.

I believe ARL plan to use Mount Smart 2 for some of these Sky Sports Wednesday night fixtures as well.

• Thanks 1

I can't watch.

On the basis none of the teams are within the M62 corridor, this board has taught me that the games must be of no value.

34 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Don’t you mean Brad Pitt? 😂

i think you may be the guy playing at Mt Albert to come up with that comparison!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I mean the Mt Albert off half, Ackland not Ropati.

me too... ie you are the Mt Albert player bigging yourself up with "Brad Pitt"... as the lookalike is definitely more Brad Fash.. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, RP London said:

me too... ie you are the Mt Albert player bigging yourself up with "Brad Pitt"... as the lookalike is definitely more Brad Fash.. 

spacer.png

You still not recovered from looking at that Bradford third shirt then?

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

You still not recovered from looking at that Bradford third shirt then?

to be fair.. no 😄

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The Auckland RL Twitter feed never promotes these games. Caught the end of Bay Roskell v Otahuhu. Looks awful. Substandard facilities and substandard lights. It’s hardly attractive to the viewer however good the match may be (this match isn’t even that good). I thought the idea was to take these Wednesday night matches to a ground with adequate lighting and seating? Giving it some prestige. Somewhere like the small stadium next to Mt Smart.

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

The Auckland RL Twitter feed never promotes these games. Caught the end of Bay Roskell v Otahuhu. Looks awful. Substandard facilities and substandard lights. It’s hardly attractive to the viewer however good the match may be (this match isn’t even that good). I thought the idea was to take these Wednesday night matches to a ground with adequate lighting and seating? Giving it some prestige. Somewhere like the small stadium next to Mt Smart.

Last week's games were the last at North Harbour Stadium. The two yesterday were originally scheduled for Mount Smart 2 but according to an ARL spokesman there are "unforeseen issues with pitch upgrades". 

Hence they were moved to Te Atatu South Park. Looked worse than Post Office Road in January. 

• Like 1

there's a big issue with fields for all sports here in auckland atm - the FIFA world cup has claimed a lot of grounds, plus we are at 100% of annual rainfall for the year here already - so i know ARL has had difficulty securing fields for these games. Auckland has suffered a year on year decline in the quality of football, but consider that we usually have a net export of 400 players a year to Australia...

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 15:31, Leonard said:

I can't watch.

On the basis none of the teams are within the M62 corridor, this board has taught me that the games must be of no value.

I won't be watching until they switch to a Superten format.