NRL Round 14 Thread

Post - Origin 1 so tipsters need to make careful note of who is playing and who ios not

Bat-Flip Games

West Tigers v Canberra - Wests coming off a bye week and Canberra untouched by too many origin concerns - Closer than many think

NZ Warriors v Dolphins - The old Warriors returned at Napier finding ways to lose against the impressivev Dolphins who find ways tio win - Try Fest in store

Cronulla Sharks v Brisbane Broncos - Crunch game for both to determine who are contenders and who are pretenders, With a lot of players backing up from Origin the odds are against the Bronx but will the Sharkies look contention in the eye and blink?

Sydney Roosters v Canterbury Bulldogs - Upset Klaxon alert, take a look at the side the Roosters are putting out and remember their recent disjointed form. IIf Josh Addo-Carr plays will this be the case of the Fox loose in the Chook Pen?

North Queensland Cowboys v Melbourne Storm - Never easy to go to tropical Townsville and win which always gives the Cows an advantage - Will Melbourne start flagging in the hear

Good luck with your tips and watxch the team sheets

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Friday game:

ThRBUUY.jpg

This is a tough game to tip as Wests Tigers host Canberra Raiders.
Both teams have done well of late and will fancy their chances winning.

Wests were very good last time out as they thrashed North Queensland Cowboys.

Raiders themselves did a job on South Sydney Rabbitohs.

This one could go either way. I’m expecting  a close game.

Fogarty chips against the post, kicks the rebound forward and dives on the ball to open the scoring.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tigers 0:12 Raiders at HT, despite plenty of action at both sides' try lines.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The second score was Rapana's 100th try for the Raiders.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fogarty's second try after a chip against the the post. If he can do it again, it'd be a rare kind of hat-trick.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Tigers finally trouble the scoreboard, but there's only 10 minutes to go.

6:18

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now Bateman makes it 10 for the Tiggers, with an easy conversion to come. Ooh!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wakeham in under the posts now! The Raiders look shell-shocked.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 all and five to go. Blimey!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brooks with the DG - 19:18.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Penalty for Raiders in front of the posts - 19:20.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brooks' attempted DG is charged down on the hooter, and Canberra cling on. Somehow.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ye gods and little fishes. What a close call it turned out to be.

Great crowd support for their team, very vocal.

Great start to the round.

As I suggested earlier before the game started it was going to be close.

Raiders seemed to have control of the game with the last quarter to go. The sin binning immediately helped Tigers get off the  mark..

After fighting their way  back into the game, they must have thought they’d clinched the win. Cruel eh what?

• Like 1

Sharks v Broncos

Preview

I’ve picked this one out to preview as it should be a good ‘un. 

The two teams start the round in second and third spot and again there is very little to separate them.

Sharks have won five of their last six so their recent form could give them the edge against a Brisbane side that have won just two of their last five.

Broncos have listed their 5 Origin stars to back-up here, a tough call.

I’ve picked Sharks to just edge this one.

What do you think?

Edited by Graham