The Oldham Game

jroyales

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Lots of criticism of officials on here, once again. It is reading like a St Helens forum!

We are playing in C1 because we have been rubbish for the last 3 seasons - this wasn't because of officials. Just like the players in this division the refs and tj's will be either learning their trades or fitted to the standard of the league.

If we want better officials the answer is simple - get promoted!

Really?

I have watched the York-Fev highlights and one of Featherstone’s tries came from a forward pass, so much so that the recipient could have been offside. James Vella officiating.

Warrington’s only try last evening against Leeds looked to be from two forward passes with a knock on squeezes in between. Chris Kendall in charge there.

It seems to me that getting promoted doesn’t us give better officials, judging by those. One had the help of a video ref too.

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 24/06/2023 at 15:03, NickD said:

That Touchy may as well have just worn his Oldham shirt.  I Will have to watch the highlights but at first watch the decision on that 40/20 appeared to be one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen given on a rugby pitch. 

Tom Coates just posted a cracking picture on the Barmy Army Facebook page showing that whilst the decision was nowhere near as bad as it first looked it was still the wrong call.  thanks Tom.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2023 at 06:16, NickD said:

Tom Coates just posted a cracking picture on the Barmy Army Facebook page showing that whilst the decision was nowhere near as bad as it first looked it was still the wrong call.  thanks Tom.

Allegedly. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.