Town Get Significant Sponsorship Deal

Workington Town have announced a sponsorship deal with Fibrus for a “significant sum”. The deal will see Derwent Park be renamed as Fibrus Community Stadium and also includes funding for the newly formed women’s team.

Ties in nicely with the club’s plan to be at the heart of the local community, which was demonstrated at the recent home game against Hurricanes where Town designated it as a fundraiser for local charities and raised over £13,000 on the day.

https://www.townrlfc.com/article/768/new-era-as-derwent-park-renamed-as-fibrus-community-stadium

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Great stuff and everyone at Town have worked hard to get this deal over the line.

Great deal and Stadium renames are common in Football so if its good enough for them......

The Wembley of the North will always be Derwent Park to the fans though 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Brilliant work by our board, in a time where companies are trimming sponsorship budgets.

Hopefully a long term deal that could carry over to the new stadium when/if it’s built.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hopefully a long term deal that could carry over to the new stadium when/if it’s built.

Yeah I mentioned that in the town forum, could be getting in now to move over to the new stadium if it happens. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah I mentioned that in the town forum, could be getting in now to move over to the new stadium if it happens. 

Yeah,they do seem to be putting money into several sports at community level which might tie in with the new stadium.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah,they do seem to be putting money into several sports at community level which might tie in with the new stadium.

It's a fairly easy win for a company new to an area, support sports teams. I hadn't heard of them before, but I do now and I checked to see what products they do.

It's interesting they've gone with "community stadium" in the wording, Derwent Park isn't that, the new one will be.

• Like 1