English girls in the NRLW

On 10/09/2023 at 07:10, BroncoFan said:

Absolutely gutted mate, I think Hollie Mae has done her ACL.

Not sure about Fran yet but looked like a bad elbow injury.

You are tempting me to brand you a "weak-gutted dog". I was nervous lest something like this happened in Round 1. Quite relieved that our three have had ample opportunity to prove their worth.

Francesca named to start against the Roosters. Injury couldn't have been too bad.

Looks like the end of the road for Hollie in NRLW 2023. Likewise probably for her teammates after this weekend. Dragons have to beat the Broncos on Saturday and Raiders beat the Titans on Sunday for the Green Machine to make the semis. First part of that equation seems the least likely.

• Like 1

Looks like Fran is out injured and will miss her last game meaning all 3 are out injured this week.

I hope it’s not the last we see if Fran, apparently she has ambitions in Rugby Union but has the option of a 2nd season contract with the Cowboys.

• Like 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

9 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

Looks like Fran is out injured and will miss her last game meaning all 3 are out injured this week.

Might have been a good one to miss. Roosters a bit low on troops but still far too strong for the Cowboys.

I must be losing it as regards reading the table. After Saturday's games, Raiders can still leapfrog the Titans. I make it they have to win by 12. Won't affect Hollie. Recovery time reportedly 6-9 months.

Congratulations to Georgia Roche for qualifying for the NRLW Grand Final with the Knights.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

What an amazing experience for Georgia to play in a winning grand final team, I can really see her going from strength to strength next season now she has that under her belt.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon