NRL Round 24 Thread

Thus ends the Great Manly Attacking Experiment. I'm reminded of the words of Admiral Yamamoto in 1940:

“I can run wild for six months… after that, I have no expectation of success.”

A fine team try for Cronulla opens the scoring, but Mulitalo hasn't looked right since touching down. It seems to be ankular, so he's been strapped up and left on the field for now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui scores to celebrate signing his huge 10 year Titans deal.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sami touches down after - oops - a forward pass. No try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mulitalo seems to have shaken off his injury enough to score his second try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half Time - Cronulla 20:6 Gold Coast.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Second half, and Foran is out of the rest of the match with a ribular injury.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fifita plucks a high ball out of the air, spins and darts over. The Man from del Bunker, he say... NO TRY.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another Titans try chalked off for a forward pass.

Then Ramien scores for the Sharks.

It's been one of those days for the Gold Coast.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time - 36:6. Not a memorable game, but still some nice bits for the highlights reel.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels

Broncos 2:0 up. End-to-end so far but no tries.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A nicely-worked try for the Broncos, especially Capewell's delicate chip, kicked on the run.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Billy Walters dodges and darts in under the sticks.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mariner scores out wise, after a long, high pass from Walsh.

Conversion missed - 18:0.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mariner intercepts, passes to Farnworth. He gets knocked down, regains his feet and runs over the try-line backwards to score. I think he's recovered from whatever happened last round.

Converted for 24:0 and that takes us to half time.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Mariner intercepts, passes to Farnworth. He gets knocked down, regains his feet and runs over the try-line backwards to score. I think he's recovered from whatever happened last round.

Converted for 24:0 and that takes us to half time.

The incompleted tackle on Herbie was Moses' last act of the game. He has a suspected cheekbone fracture from earlier in the game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson