NRL Round 26 Thread

The Final Countdown

Dolphins v North Queensland Cowboys - While the Cows need a win, the Dolphins have been the X-factor side all season and there last few defeats are by small margins. Closer than people think.

Canberra Raiders v Brisbane Broncos - The reckoning for Ricky's Raiders, Jack Wighton if he plays will be pivotal for the Green Machine. A Broncos win will keep the pressure on the Penny Panthers. If it was in Brisbane straightforward less so in the Capital.

Canterbury Bulldogs v Manly Sea Eagles - Games between sides with nothing to play for are very difficult to pick. On paper I might favour the Dogs over the Silvertails but in reality it's whoever turns up on the day that will prevail.

Newcastle Knights v Cronulla Sharks - Game of the week, and having spent a lot of time lamenting the lack of love for the Novocastrians on this forum, I proceeded to do just that tipping Souffs last week😳. With Jackson Hastings back and at home it's a big ask for Sharkies but then I did not give them much chance against the Cows in Townsville. A fantastic stoush in prospect with one sides momentum about to stall

The rest are a lot more easier to pick - Panthers, Warriors, Storm and Roostersa.

As ever good luck with your tips.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Penrith v Parramatta

A beauty of an offload from Dylan Brown sees Maika Sivo open the scoring.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wowser - Penny Panthers pounded by Parra 22-4 just before the half

Looking grim for Ricky and the Raiders if this score stands as the Bronx will be buzzing..

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

What’s been going on?

I know Panthers have rested a couple of players, but surely that can’t be the reason they are so far behind?

Parra got them on the back foot right from the start and didn't let up. Luai's injury was also a factor.

Whether they can keep the momentum up in the second half, and whether the Panthers have regrouped at the break, who can say?

Great sell-out crowd, though.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, ball out wide catches Panthers defence out and Sivo is in at the corner.

Game set and match.

The full house at Pantherville didn’t expect this.

Great performance and result for Parramatta who are the better of these two sides today.

So Broncos can go top this weekend when it really matters.

And 18:32 is how it ended. The Eels have a bye next week, so that's their season over.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In one of the upsets of the season, the Eels have improved their top eight hopes from near impossible to very slim with a 32-14 win over the Panthers, who in worse news, saw their gun playmaker Jarome Luai suffer a potential season ending shoulder injury.

Luai left the game in the 26th minute after Eels forward Bryce Cartwright landed awkwardly on the five-eighth’s shoulder.

The Panthers and their fans will sweat on scans in the coming days, but it’s likely Luai will miss at least a few weeks.

Fair enough comment but it was 32-18

Edited by Graham