Championship Focus: Will Featherstone Rovers ever make it to Super League?

Most interviewers will ask where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time well IMG will say fev could be anywhere including the amateur ranks certainly no chance of super league but hey what odds can I get for IMG to disappear into the wilderness with their outrageous ideas how to run a closed shop rugby league system and then have the nerve to call it a sport. For me I have finally thrown the towel in even cancelled my rovers tv unfortunately I feel many more will follow.

• Sad 3

Whatever the circumstances we must support our club. Without supporters how can they move forward in any way?  If we stop supporting them then the outsiders have won. Lets go forward as a team. We have survived upsets in the past by logical thinking, lets do it again. UTR.

3 hours ago, eltel said:

Most interviewers will ask where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time well IMG will say fev could be anywhere including the amateur ranks certainly no chance of super league but hey what odds can I get for IMG to disappear into the wilderness with their outrageous ideas how to run a closed shop rugby league system and then have the nerve to call it a sport. For me I have finally thrown the towel in even cancelled my rovers tv unfortunately I feel many more will follow.

I can see what you're saying and that's entirely your choice, but i think if everyone thinks like that we will LOSE OUR CLUB and do you think SL,IMG or anyone else will give a s hit ? Definitely not and OUR proud club of over 100 years old will be gone. As many fans as possible need to get behind our club even if it means just going to home games. At least we've tried our best to get in SL  some  haven't, ok we got it wrong and failed but at least we tried. No pressure next year and hopefully we can compete near the top end of the league,time will tell.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I can see what you're saying and that's entirely your choice, but i think if everyone thinks like that we will LOSE OUR CLUB and do you think SL,IMG or anyone else will give a s hit ? Definitely not and OUR proud club of over 100 years old will be gone. As many fans as possible need to get behind our club even if it means just going to home games. At least we've tried our best to get in SL  some  haven't, ok we got it wrong and failed but at least we tried. No pressure next year and hopefully we can compete near the top end of the league,time will tell.

I've always been a Fev fan first followed by a Leeds Rhinos casual (and Leeds United.....Leeds has always been my city through work etc.)

I've seriously looked into getting a Rhinos membership for next year (£200 by the way so a fair bit cheaper than Fev)

IMO this is the IMG/SL plan.......championship fans giving up and moving teams........eventually you end up with a dozen or so semi pro feeder clubs (to develop SL players) and everything below that is amateur.

The problem is the SL doesn't generate anywhere near enough money to run this model........Leeds Rhinos aside how many clubs are demonstrably bigger than Castleford (who currently don't score high enough for SL) how far would Huddersfield Giants be ahead of Fev if Ken Davy and Mark Cambell both took their money out?

Apart from Leeds, Wigan and a few others the whole game is made up of smaller clubs.

Also there are very few people like me who would even consider watching a different team so what you actually get is fans leaving the game and watching a different sport instead.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

1 hour ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I've always been a Fev fan first followed by a Leeds Rhinos casual (and Leeds United.....Leeds has always been my city through work etc.)

I've seriously looked into getting a Rhinos membership for next year (£200 by the way so a fair bit cheaper than Fev)

IMO this is the IMG/SL plan.......championship fans giving up and moving teams........eventually you end up with a dozen or so semi pro feeder clubs (to develop SL players) and everything below that is amateur.

The problem is the SL doesn't generate anywhere near enough money to run this model........Leeds Rhinos aside how many clubs are demonstrably bigger than Castleford (who currently don't score high enough for SL) how far would Huddersfield Giants be ahead of Fev if Ken Davy and Mark Cambell both took their money out?

Apart from Leeds, Wigan and a few others the whole game is made up of smaller clubs.

Also there are very few people like me who would even consider watching a different team so what you actually get is fans leaving the game and watching a different sport instead.

I could never support another club  weekly like Fev but if  ( iam talking before SL)  we weren't playing I've been to watch c@$ ,Wakey and Leeds but wouldn't dream of it now. RL has obviously changed but imo for the worse and i get fed up of seeing same  teams on Sky,Wakey, Salford rarely on usual teams week after week but that's my opinion and with IMG it's dieing a slow death despite what the fans who are safe in SL say.