5 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGermany said:

Last week, Germany and the Netherlands met in Hattingen (near Bochum, Ruhr area). The Netherlands won the game 44-18. The crowd was remarkable. 800 people watched the match. Which was a new record for Rugby League in Germany. 

Fixtures (europeanrugbyleague.com)

That’s awesome!!!

the potential for RL in countries like Germany, the Netherlands and even the likes of Belgium are massive.

• Like 3

On 30/10/2023 at 15:55, Bamboozle said:

That’s awesome!!!

the potential for RL in countries like Germany, the Netherlands and even the likes of Belgium are massive.

Do they still play RL in Belgium? There was a single team as far as I can recall, the Brussels Gorillas but I haven’t seen or heard anything about them for several years now.

On 30/10/2023 at 17:55, Bamboozle said:

Potential!  my favourite buzzword!

On 04/11/2023 at 13:29, Gomersall said:

Do they still play RL in Belgium? There was a single team as far as I can recall, the Brussels Gorillas but I haven’t seen or heard anything about them for several years now.

No it was quite a brief existence, 2014-17 as I recall.  And they (Gorillas) played a season in the Dutch League, which would have been '15 or '16. But have not really done anything since then.

• Thanks 1