Riley D.

Clarence Street

I've just read an interesting piece on "Love Rugby League" about our old friend Riley Dean. He's just been released by Warrington to "pursue an opportunity" in Australia. I think I read somewhere yesterday he was joining a country team over there. He seems a bit of a strange case to me. I thought he was quite promising when I first saw him then he didn't do bad at Fev. but Warrington don't seem to want him and he's had 4 different clubs on loan yet he's only 22. It makes me wonder why. Maybe just got itchy feet.

Well he’s off to play for the Cutters who are the feeder team for the Cowboys. Might work out for him, might not. But he’s giving it a go and being 22 and playing RL in Aus has probably got the edge on being pimped out to various RL teams in the north of England. Good luck to him. 

• Like 3

I hope it works out for him, the problem is younger players get snapped up by the super league clubs where some players like Riley would have been better left to develop with a championship club for 2-3 years rather than be shipped from club to club, but the super league clubs want to snap every young talent in fear of losing out but when they don’t make it are shown the door and probably lost to the game.

Edited by Roger York
  • Like 5