Jump to content

Phil Gould strikes again


Recommended Posts


Good read. 

Hard to see anything else than the Tigers, Bulldogs and St George fighting it out for the wooden spoon again this year though. The Bulldogs should have a good left edge with Burton, Kikau, Crichton and Addo Carr but they look too weak elsewhere and lack quality in depth. Be interesting to see how Bronson Xerri goes on his return

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Good read. 

Hard to see anything else than the Tigers, Bulldogs and St George fighting it out for the wooden spoon again this year though. The Bulldogs should have a good left edge with Burton, Kikau, Crichton and Addo Carr but they look too weak elsewhere and lack quality in depth. Be interesting to see how Bronson Xerri goes on his return

Add the Raiders to your list of wooden spoon possibles. Much of the team is ageing and the coach is well past his sell by date. The youngsters coming through don't look as good as many other teams either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2023 at 16:41, The Future is League said:

Geez you can post some BS sometimes 😂

From the article you posted, doesn’t sound like he has gotten under anyone’s skin, let alone the AFL’s.

“He’s a talented young player,” Swans Academy director Leon Cameron told News Corp.

“We’re rapt for him, he’s a really good kid.

“He was so upset telling us because he felt like he had let everyone down. But we told him he hadn’t … we wish him all the best.

“Yes, we’re disappointed that we lost another talented option to another sport, But we’re proud that the Swans played a part in helping him make a decision.”

Woods’ father Harry told The Sporting News: “It was a very tough decision.

“He’s been part of the Academy and the Academy has been a big part of his life since he was since he was 10. Swans were fantastic about it.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2023 at 18:56, DoubleD said:

Good read. 

Hard to see anything else than the Tigers, Bulldogs and St George fighting it out for the wooden spoon again this year though. The Bulldogs should have a good left edge with Burton, Kikau, Crichton and Addo Carr but they look too weak elsewhere and lack quality in depth. Be interesting to see how Bronson Xerri goes on his return

I’m very interested in seeing Bronson Xerri too. He was shaping into a decent centre before his suspension. He might be a little lost at the Dogs though.

In my opinion he should have shown respect for the Sharks by playing his first season on minimum wage after he had drawn out his defence by months whilst being paid his FT salary by the Sharks until his inevitable suspension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/11/2023 at 17:27, Sports Prophet said:

Geez you can post some BS sometimes 😂

From the article you posted, doesn’t sound like he has gotten under anyone’s skin, let alone the AFL’s.

“He’s a talented young player,” Swans Academy director Leon Cameron told News Corp.

“We’re rapt for him, he’s a really good kid.

“He was so upset telling us because he felt like he had let everyone down. But we told him he hadn’t … we wish him all the best.

“Yes, we’re disappointed that we lost another talented option to another sport, But we’re proud that the Swans played a part in helping him make a decision.”

Woods’ father Harry told The Sporting News: “It was a very tough decision.

“He’s been part of the Academy and the Academy has been a big part of his life since he was since he was 10. Swans were fantastic about it.”

You are the one who got outed on League Unlimited for being a fumbleball troll

Just be honest with yourself and us fellow posters that that fumbleball is your preferred football code.

I guess you post on the bigfooty forum and cant see any wrong with Vicky Kicky house gifting GWS around $30 million just to tread water.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The Future is League said:

You are the one who got outed on League Unlimited for being a fumbleball troll

Just be honest with yourself and us fellow posters that that fumbleball is your preferred football code.

I guess you post on the bigfooty forum and cant see any wrong with Vicky Kicky house gifting GWS around $30 million just to tread water.

Yeah man. I’m a massive AFL fan. Never denied it. See The Bombers Fly Up. Love the speccies, love the kicks, love the intensity and love the big, big, big crowd atmosphere.

You can’t be outed when you’re so publicly in favour and it doesn’t matter if I think like @RL_The_greatest_game or not. 

AFL can do what they want. Their sustained success as an elite governor gives me confidence that their decision making is on point.

As to Phil Gould getting one over the AFL. Pull the other one 😂 😂 😂 

Edited by Sports Prophet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yeah man. I’m a massive AFL fan. Never denied it. See The Bombers Fly Up. Love the speccies, love the kicks, love the intensity and love the big, big, big crowd atmosphere.

You can’t be outed when you’re so publicly in favour and it doesn’t matter if I think like @RL_The_greatest_game or not. 

AFL can do what they want. Their sustained success as an elite governor gives me confidence that their decision making is on point.

As to Phil Gould getting one over the AFL. Pull the other one 😂 😂 😂 

Yes the same Essendon Bombers fumbleball club who had 34 players suspended for drug offences 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/12/essendon-drugs-verdict-34-players-guilty-of-doping-charges-and-banned-for-a-year

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Yes the same Essendon Bombers fumbleball club who had 34 players suspended for drug offences 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/12/essendon-drugs-verdict-34-players-guilty-of-doping-charges-and-banned-for-a-year

That’s them. Same guy was supplementing my Sharkies who also were sanctioned similarly. Stephen Dank wasn’t exclusively screwing over AFL. Manly somehow escaped sanction too. Slippery buggers.

Stop talking like a drongo and discuss things like an adult for a change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

That’s them. Same guy was supplementing my Sharkies who also were sanctioned similarly. Stephen Dank wasn’t exclusively screwing over AFL. Manly somehow escaped sanction too. Slippery buggers.

Stop talking like a drongo and discuss things like an adult for a change.

Vicky Kicky house tried to cover the whole drug saga up and failed, and somebody from Vicky Kicky house tipped off the Bombers that the testers were in town and that's why they destroyed all evidence of what was injected into the players. Obviously Vicky Kicky house knew what was going on at the Bombers otherwise why did the tip off the Bombers that the testers were in town? also very quiet from Andy 5 chins on whose watch this happened, and for a man who had an opinion on how sports should be run his silence says it all like the time he was asked why Ben Cousins has never tested positives for drugs, despite Cousins admitting that he had been a druggie all his fumbleball playing career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Vicky Kicky house tried to cover the whole drug saga up and failed, and somebody from Vicky Kicky house tipped off the Bombers that the testers were in town and that's why they destroyed all evidence of what was injected into the players. Obviously Vicky Kicky house knew what was going on at the Bombers otherwise why did the tip off the Bombers that the testers were in town? also very quiet from Andy 5 chins on whose watch this happened, and for a man who had an opinion on how sports should be run his silence says it all like the time he was asked why Ben Cousins has never tested positives for drugs, despite Cousins admitting that he had been a druggie all his fumbleball playing career.

What a typically ordinary response. I don’t need to go into the saga, as it was obviously a matter of mismanagement for which clubs of both sports were guilty.

As someone aiming to kick the boot into AFL at any opportunity, you may want to steer down a different path than drug use.

Stones. Glass houses. You know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

What a typically ordinary response. I don’t need to go into the saga, as it was obviously a matter of mismanagement for which clubs of both sports were guilty.

As someone aiming to kick the boot into AFL at any opportunity, you may want to steer down a different path than drug use.

Stones. Glass houses. You know?

Remind me which sport brought in the  strike rule to cover up its games drug problems?

I note like Andy 5 chins you don't want to discuss the Ben Cousins issue 

I think its best we leave in there don't you

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.