Concerts at Cardiff Castle

Random I know. Crowded House are playing Piece Hall in Halifax. 2 miles from my house. Whilst not to my go to music wise my other half, at 51 has never been to a proper live music event. Main point is Piece Hall is sold out but there are tickets left for Cardiff Castle. I'm not into massive gig venues as in 30k plus, and Piece Hall fits the bill. I can't wait for resale as it's for Xmas and the only big present I'm getting. Advice please. Many thanks. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

9 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Seems like no one else too.

I sort of have. Was visiting the castle five years ago when coincidentally a Welsh language festival was taking place. I assume your concert will be outside in which case it is almost a bowl. For the Welsh festival there was a main stage and from what we heard the acoustics were good. Worth booking any hotel ASAP as it can be awkward getting a room. However, it is a short walk to the main station if you are staying elsewhere 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cardiff Castle has a lage flat grassed area with a raised Keep. If the stage is on the Keep, you will get a great view,

image.jpeg.f26a0c7da34e4b236a590f0f34be3663.jpeg

The Castle is next to Sophia Gardens Park. Maybe there will be camping facilities there?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police