Would higher level representative honours assist players in European expansion / development areas ?

With most new countries only having a small pool of players to select a national team from, I wonder if a next level of geography aligned representation could be a benefit to individuals, associations and the game as a whole.   

For instance, teams selected to represent;

* Scandinavia / Nordic Countries 

* Balkans / Baltic States 

* Mediterranean / Southern Europe 

* Eastern Europe 

* Central Europe 

* Western Europe (Excluding France) 

* British Isles (Domestic comp players in Wales, Scotland and Ireland)

Having another tier of representative games could assist the game grow in Europe whilst adding an extra layer of combined regional support.    

England still has counties competing at lower levels of the game and Australia has had various steps for a player to reach their representative zenith (e.g. Cairns, North Qld, Country, Queensland).

Obviously other areas could look at this option as well, but I see Europe as its test point.   

Pie in the sky I know .... but perhaps a variant of it may work.   

• Like 3

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.