Elite 1 Round 12

deleted

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

3 cracking tries on the trot to finish the half by Lezignan.

The sound is about ten seconds behind the action. Very confusing when the whistle is blown and nothing is given on screen.

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

The sound is about ten seconds behind the action. Very confusing when the whistle is blown and nothing is given on screen.

Sad, I know, but I watch most matches in silence mate, so I didn’t know that.  
Elite has upped the ante with the number of games shown but just needs a little more quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Sad, I know, but I watch most matches in silence mate, so I didn’t know that.  
Elite has upped the ante with the number of games shown but just needs a little more quality.

There wasn’t any commentary but it was odd hearing the crowd reaction ten seconds later than you saw what they were reacting to.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gomersall said:

There wasn’t any commentary but it was odd hearing the crowd reaction ten seconds later than you saw what they were reacting to.

Ended up a tense finish.  Watched the 2nd half this morning.  

• Like 1

Avignon are a very good team, 

It seems in France the refs referee the score and not the game, dominant teams in a game seem to get penalised more near the end of the game to let the other team back in, it happened for the Lézignan Villeneuve  game, same yesterday, the Toulouse v Lézignan game it happened and for the Carcassonne game when Lézignan came back to almost win. I watched Ferrals struggle v Pamiers and was 18 0 down after 20 minutes, after this the penalty count was 5 to 0 for Ferrals who came back to lose 22 to 16 but missed a penalty at 18 16 that would have probably drawn the match,

Or I may be wrong 😁

58 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Avignon are a very good team, 

It seems in France the refs referee the score and not the game, dominant teams in a game seem to get penalised more near the end of the game to let the other team back in, it happened for the Lézignan Villeneuve  game, same yesterday, the Toulouse v Lézignan game it happened and for the Carcassonne game when Lézignan came back to almost win. I watched Ferrals struggle v Pamiers and was 18 0 down after 20 minutes, after this the penalty count was 5 to 0 for Ferrals who came back to lose 22 to 16 but missed a penalty at 18 16 that would have probably drawn the match,

Or I may be wrong 😁

I don’t think you are mate.  They are extremely picky sometimes.  Plus the lectures!  Frustrating.

16 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

The three try blitz before HT cost Avignon the game IMO.

I agree.  Lezignan are a very young side but are starting to get some confidence.  Not short of enthusiasm either.

If their right side starts to fire they could cause an upset to those above them.  Going to be an interesting run-in.

All down to the coaching now! 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I agree.  Lezignan are a very young side but are starting to get some confidence.  Not short of enthusiasm either.

If their right side starts to fire they could cause an upset to those above them.  Going to be an interesting run-in.

I thought Avignon were well in control for the first half hour then it went very wrong very quickly and they couldn’t get back on terms after that. Silly second half penalties allowed Lezignan to keep their noses at least six points in front. I can’t recall the Lezignan goal kicker missing a shot at goal all afternoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

The right side was the strong side until they moved the young  full back Monteil to stand off or left side halfback, and he unlocked the left side attack,