Capital Challenge Returns - Wedenesday 21st February, 2.00pm at the Honourable Artillery Company

Traditional Pre-season at the HAC - Just got the e-mail.

I do not think there will be anything like a full strength side out from the Broncos, but it's Rugby League in the South.👍

image.png.e4835c2451aaf1293dd8362151409caf.png

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Pleased to see this back although as ever tricky for me to get to as it is (understandably) during the working day. 

It's not as if there isn't already a thread running on this.... Having said that I am glad it's still being played this season.

On 05/02/2024 at 16:28, EssexRL said:

Pleased to see this back although as ever tricky for me to get to as it is (understandably) during the working day. 

cmon mate we need you there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Game finished 38 to 6 to the Broncos. No team sheet so no idea who was playing apart from Lamont Bryan for the Skolars who had a few players from an amateur club.

For London a good hit out with number 2 scoring three good tries number 1 scoring a brilliant individual try as did number 12 on another line break 

22-0 up at the half. It was a good hit out for the Broncos reserves.

The crowd similar to last years Capital Challenge game.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

18 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Game finished 38 to 6 to the Broncos. No team sheet so no idea who was playing apart from Lamont Bryan for the Skolars who had a few players from an amateur club.

For London a good hit out with number 2 scoring three good tries number 1 scoring a brilliant individual try as did number 12 on another line break 

22-0 up at the half. It was a good hit out for the Broncos reserves.

The crowd similar to last years Capital Challenge game.

Good to hear the crowd held up and I gather the hospitality sold out so will give the club. Although I couldn't go, due to work, it was nice to get an email from the club with an e-version of the programme. Hopefully this marks the beginning of the rebuilding of the club back into the semi pro league.

Just now, EssexRL said:

Good to hear the crowd held up and I gather the hospitality sold out so will give the club. Although I couldn't go, due to work, it was nice to get an email from the club with an e-version of the programme. Hopefully this marks the beginning of the rebuilding of the club back into the semi pro league.

PS. Really like the new strip too!

2 hours ago, EssexRL said:

it was nice to get an email from the club with an e-version of the programme.

I went and they never sent it to me, unlike last year. 😭

George Orwell

EssexRL, you're protesting too much that you couldn't make it due to work, repeated posts to thus effect. So I'm guessing you really were there, perhaps in disguise and/or crossing your fingers you didn't bump into anyone who knows your boss, other half, whoever it is you don't want knowing you went...

PS. Really like the new strip too!

• Haha 1

Enjoyed the match and atmosphere but only one multi-sex toilet for everyone meant quite a few people missed a lot of the game queuing for it. Why not play it next year at the New River, much better facilities for the common people.

1 hour ago, PoorRich said:

Enjoyed the match and atmosphere but only one multi-sex toilet for everyone meant quite a few people missed a lot of the game queuing for it. Why not play it next year at the New River, much better facilities for the common people.

The idea has always been for Skolars to target the "corporate" crowd - Hence playing it right in the centre of London.

The fact they don't seem to have been able to make any money from it in all these years probably questions the actual benefit of it though.

14 hours ago, Click said:

The idea has always been for Skolars to target the "corporate" crowd - Hence playing it right in the centre of London.

The fact they don't seem to have been able to make any money from it in all these years probably questions the actual benefit of it though.

I thought they do make some (they certainly would t run it if it lost money) and I am pretty sure sponsorship has resulted from it.