Match thread: Challenge Cup 3rd Round. Thatto Heath v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 11th February 2024.

On 13/02/2024 at 00:23, Rovers fev said:

I think wacokecoke just needs abit of time and confidence, luckily we’ve got hardy Gale and minikin who all get invlolved in the hard carries

Yeah there's a case for saying just keep playing him and hope he steadily improves as after all he's still only 19 and very promising. I just worry a bit that if he plays right wing for us against the better teams in this division he's going to come up directly against the likes of Walmsley, Eden and Taufua and he'll get exploited ruthlessly if his defensive positioning isn't up to scratch.

4 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

I see KR have named their first 21 man squad for the Thursday match. Omissions should give us a first line of sight into who might be made available to us. 

For a Challenge Cup match? I doubt they'd want to get any of their squad cup-tied.

Yep, Bussey was at the game but Farrar was in full kit, which as 18th man they have to be throughout now with the new rules which allow them to come on in certain circumstances. As Michael Bates has said above, Bussey was reported to have suffered a minor hamstring niggle following his earlier calf injury, sounds like they were just being extra cautious with him.