York(H)

Somewhat encouraging that the 3 tries we conceded were all scored out wide, left and right wings, nothing through the middle.

Having said that, we were very lucky to score a no wind-issue converted try and a winning wind-assisted drop goal inside the last 5 minutes, which made up for the late drop goal disappointment loss at Whitehaven.

The betting pundits say Raiders, Haven and Swinton all at 100/1 will be the bottom 3, but yesterday the Lions unexpectedly beat 2nd favourites Toulouse in France, so you never know who will beat who.

But we really need to win our next 2 homes games against the 2 promoted teams Dewsbury and Doncaster as I fear we'll struggle to win many of our away fixtures.

Just my 2 Cents as of early April.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Somewhat encouraging that the 3 tries we conceded were all scored out wide, left and right wings, nothing through the middle.

Having said that, we were very lucky to score a no wind-issue converted try and a winning wind-assisted drop goal inside the last 5 minutes, which made up for the late drop goal disappointment loss at Whitehaven.

The betting pundits say Raiders, Haven and Swinton all at 100/1 will be the bottom 3, but yesterday the Lions unexpectedly beat 2nd favourites Toulouse in France, so you never know who will beat who.

But we really need to win our next 2 homes games against the 2 promoted teams Dewsbury and Doncaster as I fear we'll struggle to win many of our away fixtures.

Just my 2 Cents as of early April.

Agree think swinton will be a good side this year, recruited well and seem to get the luck of the draw when it comes to loan players with there catchment area. Thought York looked poor big loss for them was when dagger went off injured in the first half. Thought we still looked rusty and not at our best but a win is a win and it’s good to have 2 points on the board. Jarrad Stack MOTM for me didn’t stop carrying all day lead from the front like a true captain, could do with wins over dewsbury and Doncaster over the next couple weeks as they are the games we need to be targeting to be taking points from especially at Home. Think the comments of Brad Walker are harsh only 2 games into the Championship season will take time for people to gel into a new team especially when playing such a pivotal role and position at the end of the day he’s kicked the winning drop goal and got us 2 points.Β 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rod77 said:

Agree think swinton will be a good side this year, recruited well and seem to get the luck of the draw when it comes to loan players with there catchment area. Thought York looked poor big loss for them was when dagger went off injured in the first half. Thought we still looked rusty and not at our best but a win is a win and it’s good to have 2 points on the board. Jarrad Stack MOTM for me didn’t stop carrying all day lead from the front like a true captain, could do with wins over dewsbury and Doncaster over the next couple weeks as they are the games we need to be targeting to be taking points from especially at Home. Think the comments of Brad Walker are harsh only 2 games into the Championship season will take time for people to gel into a new team especially when playing such a pivotal role and position at the end of the day he’s kicked the winning drop goal and got us 2 points.Β 

He also put through the grubber for our last try which was a great little kick. Personally think he's been good if he wasn't in the team he would be a huge miss.Β 

Two points on the board discipline much improved. Penalty count better just a slight improvement in decision making/execution and we will have nothing to worry about. When fully fit our starting 17 is decent.Β 

Edited by Raider91
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Raider91 said:

He also put through the grubber for our last try which was a great little kick. Personally think he's been good if he wasn't in the team he would be a huge miss.Β 

Two points on the board discipline much improved. Penalty count better just a slight improvement in decision making/execution and we will have nothing to worry about. When fully fit our starting 17 is decent.Β 

Think that’s pretty close to our starting 17 not many injuries left nowΒ 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Charlie scored the effort that was disallowed in my opinion and the try that Johno knocked back was also a try both in the first half!

Barrow blinkers were on thoughπŸ€—

When the players were at the Duke St end a few minutes later, Charlie said he'd grounded the ball cleanly on the line for the try and when he let the ball go (as players usually do in these circumstances) the ref disallowed it. 🀷 

Need to see a video of it.

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 17:29, Dave W said:

When the players were at the Duke St end a few minutes later, Charlie said he'd grounded the ball cleanly on the line for the try and when he let the ball go (as players usually do in these circumstances) the ref disallowed it. 🀷 

Need to see a video of it.

Not sure why home video is not available to Barrow fans. Does anyone know why?Β 

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 17:05, HP Beans said:

Charlie scored the effort that was disallowed in my opinion and the try that Johno knocked back was also a try both in the first half!

Barrow blinkers were on thoughπŸ€—

If the ball hadn’t gone dead before Ryan knocked it back into play I’d guarantee he would have shouted and screamed about it being disallowed, there wasn’t really much reaction off him which to me suggests he knew himself it went out of play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Vet said:

If the ball hadn’t gone dead before Ryan knocked it back into play I’d guarantee he would have shouted and screamed about it being disallowed, there wasn’t really much reaction off him which to me suggests he knew himself it went out of play.

True,I also had my blinkers onπŸ˜‚

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, HP Beans said:

True,I also had my blinkers onπŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚ I stand at the other end of the ground from where it happened so couldn’t tell but sometimes players reactions speak volumes!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 2