York(H)

First home league game after 2 defeats on the road with the visitors also starting with 2 losses( Donny (a) ,TO(h))Watched the TO game and TO were 20-0 up despite being down to 12 after 30 mins.and then 11 late on ..York only scoring against the tiring 11 men.Massive game already in what looks like a very competitive Championship.

COYR

• Like 1

Here’s the 21 man squad. 

Andrew Bulman

Greg Burke

Brett Carter

Max Clarke

Matt Costello

Luke Cresswell

Charlie Emslie

Tom Forber

Ellis Gillam

Delaine Gittens-Bedward

James Greenwood

Ryan Johnston

Mike Ogunwole

Kavan Rothwell

Ryan Shaw

Razor Silva

Jarrad Stack

Brad Walker

Tom Walker

Tom Wilkinson

Josh Wood

• Like 2

Hoping for a good performance and a win tomorrow but York are a good team and are in the same position as us looking for their first win. 

Barrow 28-20 York

Edited by pennington
  • Like 1

I cannot make this game😡 . Having just been out for a stroll in the elements I would suggest the wind will play a part.

PLEASE as we have some excellent kickers could Barrow not wait for the 4th or 5th tackle before putting boot to ball with the wind at their backs, we always seem to leave it until the wingers are back. If the wind is as it is now a kick from the 20 at Walney Road should reach the 20 at Duke St.

Oh and by the DISCIPLINE

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 - 8 down with 7 minutes to go and we end up winning 15 - 14. 

Doesn't matter how it happened but we got the points and hopefully gives us a confidence boost into 2 winnable games. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BarraFan said:

Poor performance by certain players, that’s the only thing B.walker has done for us since signing! 

Early days give the lad a break.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Think it was a fairly even first 25 minutes or so but we struggled to capitalise on the numerous sets at their try line, finished the half strong probably playing our best rugby of the game. 

Second half started very poor and continued for most of the remainder of the game. Giving away field position and inviting pressure, almost giving York the win. 

Fair play to stick in and getting the win in the end. Agree with Max Clarke MOTM, very solid performance from him. Nice to see Gillam back looking strong as well. Hope Brad Walker getting the drop goal gives him some confidence as the rest of his performance left a lot to be desired.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can only ever beat what's Infront of you,not barrows fault but that's the worst York team I can remember in years,their pure gash for the money spent ,shambles of a club hell bent on spending top end but being bang average at best ,very favourable next two games , onwards and upwards 👊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jarc said:

Wasn’t there today but a couple of digs at Brad Walker already? Can anyone expand

Only thing he really did wrong was put a kick out on the full and a couple of stray passes. 

Our attack was clunky but that wasn't purely down to him. 

There was 7 minutes left, he put a superb grubber through 60m from their try line which put Johnston through, 2 play the balls later we score. He then 1 minute to go he nails a drop goal to win us the game. 

Don't get the negativity, try assist wise in all the games including pre season he's created the most by a mile. Can't understand the target which has been put on his back by some fans. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tec said:

Early days give the lad a break.

Didn’t have 1 run all game! Just gave a few hospital passes to stack, did nowt, no wonder keighley fans said good riddance we can see why! Stands back always spot him on the field the one with the cleanest kit on!

Edited by BarraFan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, RSN said:

Only thing he really did wrong was put a kick out on the full and a couple of stray passes. 

Our attack was clunky but that wasn't purely down to him. 

There was 7 minutes left, he put a superb grubber through 60m from their try line which put Johnston through, 2 play the balls later we score. He then 1 minute to go he nails a drop goal to win us the game. 

Don't get the negativity, try assist wise in all the games including pre season he's created the most by a mile. Can't understand the target which has been put on his back by some fans. 

Completely agree it wasn't all down to him, was a number of others that had a number of poor moments during the game. For whatever reasons I remember his more so.

Possibly does come down to his preseason performances though, where personally I feel like he played with more control of the games (which I know will be easier in them games). A player in his position needs to be making the right decisions and controlling the game through them which I didn't see that from him today. 

Despite that I do think there's a good player in him and I do believe he'll improve. Like I said hopefully winning the game today will give him the confidence to kick on.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BarraFan said:

Didn’t have 1 run all game! Just gave a few hospital passes to stack, did nowt, no wonder keighley fans said good riddance we can see why! Stands back always spot him on the field the one with the cleanest kit on!

Did nout? He literally won us the game.

• Like 4

Defensive effort won us the game today. Max Clarke was brilliant today, ran hard and strong. All the props ran and tackled hard. Great to see Ellis back.

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

A bit unfair on the comments re Brad Walker I think. I was very skeptical on him at first but been impressed with his kicking and passing to set up attacks. He is not a runner I  agree but he does alot. Today wasn't his finest but you could say that about a few others also. No names. 

We can't seem to control a game at all, don't make alot of yardage and let teams run at us meaning we start in our own 25 to many times. I could go on and on but am a fanatical fan who wants us to do well so not being negative. But come on let's improve massively in ALL areas.

• Like 3