The NRL Round 6 Thread

Oates, after a rubbish first half, scores to draw level with Michael Hancock on 120 tries for the Broncos.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Errors all around in this half.

BRI 10:04 DOL

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Madden swoops on a loose ball and a few seconds later Wonderboy Walsh swallow-dives over the try-line at the other end.

He was celebrating by the time he crossed the halfway line and now he converts it for 16:4.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nick O'Rima makes a complete Horlicks of dealing with a Brisbane kick and Cobbo scores under the sticks.

22:04

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Milford falcons the ball and Selwyn Cobbo's in under the sticks for his double. 

28:04

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A converted Bostock try takes the Dolphins to double figures.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lovely try! Isaako swerves through the defence to make it 28:14.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Lovely try! Isaako swerves through the defence to make it 28:14.

And that's the final score.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Storm fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen has avoided suspension after bringing down Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr with a textbook hip-drop tackle on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, Papenhuyzen was hit with a $750 fine with an early guilty plea for the tackle on Addo-Carr in the 32nd minute, which went undetected at the time. Rookie NRL referee Wyatt Raymond likely missed it because Addo-Carr immediately bounced back to his feet.

Dolphins star Anthony Milford has been handed a two-match ban after his ugly blindside hit on Broncos fullback Reece Walsh off the ball.

10min: try to DCE from some sloppy play near the line. Looked clear cut to me but ref sent it up No Try. The ball came off a couple of players but always went back off both teams then DCE grounded it.

DCE goal

Manly 6 - 0

A disruptor penalty to Manly. I hate this rule. As long as doesn't make contact with the catcher it's a legitimate play, IMO

23min: 60m Manly move sees Talau run 30m then kick ahead for DCE to score.

Then he converts

DCE 12  Warriors 0

27min: Talau try from simple backline move 10m out from the NZ line.

DCE misses the goal from the sideline

Manly 16 -0

36min: Jazz Tevaga under the posts after Warriors got some extended possession in the Manly 20.

Johnson goal

Warriors 6 - 16

Now Tevaga is assisted from the field by a trainer with some non-specific legular injury. Might be Seasonal Affective Disorder. I know my body hasn't liked the sudden drop in overnight temperatures.

40min: DWZ takes the intercept 60m out and scores in the corner.

Johnson kick was ... well technically it was a goal attempt, I suppose.

HT:  Manly  16  Warriors  10

44min: B-Turbo, or Burbo goes in for a try after RTS overread that and went too wide.

DCE goal

Manly 22 - 10