• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Jan 1 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what it's worth I was upset to see Tommy go. As for the reason for no contract offer there was "no more room for forwards" then if that's true it's a weak excuse as far as Haughey goes IMO. For large chunks of the season when forced to he played in the threequarters and was the only one who could make a break at times. Not bad for a forward, a true utility player that will be an asset in any team biggrin.gif . Did he sign for Keighley in the end and did Pricey go to Barrow also??

No bud they are both still looking for a club, there's no money about apperentley, all the lads at fev av taken massive pay cuts from last year he was saying
him and prycy looked to be happy tho in there fant dress round ackworth!
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#22 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Jan 1 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No bud they are both still looking for a club, there's no money about apperentley, all the lads at fev av taken massive pay cuts from last year he was saying
him and prycy looked to be happy tho in there fant dress round ackworth!

Good on them laugh.gif . I heard it was a good night in Ackworth. It's getting a good rep for New Years eve, maybe give it a whirl this year myself biggrin.gif

#23 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 1 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
perhaps phil, but that's always the case when players move on.
I'm more than happy with the decisions daryl has made re the playing squad for this coming season.
Both tommy and wayne both had indifferent seasons. Both could be world beaters on their day but both had too many 'off' days for those making the decisions.
Some of the bretheren are keen tommy fans, same wi prycey. I just think both were too inconsistent last season.

True, and there are two sides to every story but there are ways and means of letting a player go and I hope that past lessons have been learnt. A little tact and diplomacy doesn't go amiss, especially when they could come back to haunt us.

#24 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Jan 1 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good on them laugh.gif . I heard it was a good night in Ackworth. It's getting a good rep for New Years eve, maybe give it a whirl this year myself biggrin.gif

Ye was a good night, dean sampson was the bouncer in the boot n shoe!
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#25 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jan 1 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, and there are two sides to every story but there are ways and means of letting a player go and I hope that past lessons have been learnt. A little tact and diplomacy doesn't go amiss, especially when they could come back to haunt us.

Couldn't agree more, players who are not offered a new deal (rightly or wrongly) do seem to be treated pretty poorly.

#26 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jan 1 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does not only apply to regular first team lads.

#27 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Jan 1 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was talkin to tommy haughey last night and he was not offered another contract because dp told him there was no more room for forwards, so if he does sign then that would be harsh on tom!
He was also saying how in a polite word 'upset' how he was treated, also prycey felt this way too! But he wished fev all the best and said he was very sad to leave.

Tommy may of been upset by how he was treat but you can times that by 20 the amount of times i was upset by his total disregard for that famous hooped shirt he was wearing and the un-acceptable performances he gave for most of the time. The annoying thing was he was class when he wanted to be, i have no time for players like that. What i wouldnt give to wear that shirt in a game, sadly it means nothing to some, and then they have the bare faced nerve to complain, i despair i really do

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:42 AM

posted with all the subtlety of a friday night round cas, suggy!
But we've both said "born into the body currently used by tommy H, we'd both be playing SL. Oh to have that ability eh?
Tommy has the ability, skill and class to have been the best player in our league every season, regardless of whether he played in the pack or in the centre. Sadly, we didn't see anywhere near enough of that class and i wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the main reason he wasn't retained. It's easy for him to moan about how he was treated, as by and large the club rightly don't wash mucky linen in public, and as such won't publish the clubs take on the issue.
If he had played as he can, throughout the season-, and had bought into the "team ethic" more throughout the season, he would have almost certainly have been retained. The reason he wasn't is largely down to him in my opinion.
Every player leaving a club is likely to give it that big extra against a club he's left, as i expect jim will do against widnes. Tommy will be no different when/if he gets a club.
It's always happened. It always will.

Edited by Robin Evans, 02 January 2010 - 10:55 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#29 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Jan 1 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what it's worth I was upset to see Tommy go. As for the reason for no contract offer there was "no more room for forwards" then if that's true it's a weak excuse as far as Haughey goes IMO. For large chunks of the season when forced to he played in the threequarters and was the only one who could make a break at times. Not bad for a forward, a true utility player that will be an asset in any team biggrin.gif . Did he sign for Keighley in the end and did Pricey go to Barrow also??

At his best Tommy was immense and to be honest should slaughter teams at this level. Why he dropped so far below this high standard on too many occasions is one of the great unknowns. This was not just last season but the previous season as well so it is nothing to do with the coaching system. If Tommy can find a way of producing a consistent performance then watch out.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#30 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Lets not forget, huzo was still at the club and was there at least a month when Tommy got released

I assume the contract offer to huzo was made before the end of the season and Daryl assumed he would want to stay and accept it.

When he didnt im sure everyone all round was suprised.

When he left, it freed up a forward space so i dont buy into the arguement that Tommy will be 'hard done to' if we get another forward because it appears Daryl already had the forwards he wanted in place and didnt expect Huzo to leave

#31 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

I agree, theres more to his release than we know about. Daryl had his reasons and thats ok by me.
Its been said many times about Tommy, like a school report....."has the ability but doesn't use it" (well, like mine anyway tongue.gif )

If he needs a club, heard Celtic Nomads are still a bit short. rolleyes.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#32 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Rob Hemmi @ Jan 1 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ye was a good night, dean sampson was the bouncer in the boot n shoe!

mmmmmmmm there's a gag in there somwhere rob wink.gif i'll post it when i think of it.lololol

#33 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Jan 2 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmmmmmm there's a gag in there somwhere rob wink.gif i'll post it when i think of it.lololol

So after clearing the air about Tommy H, and having a laugh at Dean Sampson what is the position regarding Jamie Thackray which what the thread was about. I have asked twice and somebody else also where the rumour came from. That query was never answered. Just hot air do you think?

#34 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

yes!

#35 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

might be his agent stirring the pot lol
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#36 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

http://www.pontefrac...urs-.5960051.jp
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

Finally flushes this story well and truly down the gary glitter!!

#38 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 7 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally flushes this story well and truly down the gary glitter!!

wink.gif

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users