• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#41 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know who I am I'm a Rovers fan the same as you.
I have also known John Ledger for many years. He is not a liar. In the past he has been very helpful to me, and therefore to Rovers.
Mr Ledger attends Rovers games. If you wish I can introduce him to you and you can say what you have just said to his face. I estend the same invitation to jamescollin who also seems to think Ledger is a liar.

Quite happy to talk to him. My remarks were intended for the RFL but if he feels he has been maligned then I will be on the GG at the next home match, Miller Gate. If he wishes he can discuss this matter to his hearts content.

#42 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (intheshed @ Mar 1 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me be clear, I do not seek to suggest anyone is telling lies. However the explanation you have relayed here doesn't seem to me to provide a full answer. In saying that I appreciate the you personally are simply passing on what you have been told.

I can happily accept that the comments of the Toulouse Chairman have been 'lost in translation', it wouldn't be the first or last time something of that nature had occurred. The only way I can make sense of this is to assume that LE got their story initially from the Toulouse Chairman's comments(which were misunderstood) and then put this to the RFL for clarification and were told it was correct. That they were told it was correct by the RFL can not, by any reasonable consideration of the circumstances, be attributed to 'translation'.

Things would be far clearer if Mr Ledger or the RFL chose to explain how or why they failed to understand their own rules. They are, naturally, free to explain as much, or as little, as they choose but blaming translation when that clearly cannot address their own role in this does them no favours and only invites cynicism, imho, of course.

My computer is acting up. This is the 6th time I have tried. If Mr Ledger wants a word then I will be on the Miller gate at the next home match. My comments were aimed at the RFL and I never mentioned his name. But if he feels he needs a word then so be it. Quite happy to discuss it with him.

#43 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know who I am I'm a Rovers fan the same as you.
I have also known John Ledger for many years. He is not a liar. In the past he has been very helpful to me, and therefore to Rovers.
Mr Ledger attends Rovers games. If you wish I can introduce him to you and you can say what you have just said to his face. I estend the same invitation to jamescollin who also seems to think Ledger is a liar.

Where in this post have i called anyone a liar. I merely speculated how an "error in translation" could occur between an un-named League Express reporter and an un-named RFL official.
Read the paragraph - But now an RFL spokesman revealed to League Express that this was no longer the case, because Toulouse's situation was "more fluid" than other clubs and the French club would be "judged by different criteria" which don't apply to other clubs. - As you can see no names from either side were referred to. How have i called anyone a liar when no one is even mentioned.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#44 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

Been on the blower to William Hill. Bookies have slashed the odds of this thread being locked to 1/6 ON.

I don't know how you do it Mr l'angelo mysterioso laugh.gif laugh.gif

#45 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Mar 1 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite happy to talk to him. My remarks were intended for the RFL but if he feels he has been maligned then I will be on the GG at the next home match, Miller Gate. If he wishes he can discuss this matter to his hearts content.

I'm sure he would be honoured.
presumably you will be maaking the same insinuations about his honsewsty should the eventuality arsie
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#46 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Massive OOOOPS
blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

Cummins Out.

#47 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Mar 1 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where in this post have i called anyone a liar. I merely speculated how an "error in translation" could occur between an un-named League Express reporter and an un-named RFL official.
Read the paragraph - But now an RFL spokesman revealed to League Express that this was no longer the case, because Toulouse's situation was "more fluid" than other clubs and the French club would be "judged by different criteria" which don't apply to other clubs. - As you can see no names from either side were referred to. How have i called anyone a liar when no one is even mentioned.

check your posting the rfl via John Ledger have said that the story is erroneous.

to be honest I don't really care.
I took the time and trouble to contact the appropriate person aboutb this story and gave accredited replies to it on here to be helpful(don't metion it): to give people the facts.
the response has been perfectly in line with the zeitgeist of this 'forum'.
why bother eh
Keeping it local

#48 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This story has come about through a misunderstanding-an error in translation' This is verbatim what John Ledger the RFL media officer told me this afternoon.

So why does Martyn Sadler maintain that the origin of the story came from the RFL ? That being the case, how could there be an error in translation - I mean I know some of you Yorkies can be incomprehensible at times but surely there isn't that big a language barrier between Brighouse and Leeds ?

#49 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (intheshed @ Mar 1 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me be clear, I do not seek to suggest anyone is telling lies. However the explanation you have relayed here doesn't seem to me to provide a full answer. In saying that I appreciate the you personally are simply passing on what you have been told.

I can happily accept that the comments of the Toulouse Chairman have been 'lost in translation', it wouldn't be the first or last time something of that nature had occurred. The only way I can make sense of this is to assume that LE got their story initially from the Toulouse Chairman's comments(which were misunderstood) and then put this to the RFL for clarification and were told it was correct. That they were told it was correct by the RFL can not, by any reasonable consideration of the circumstances, be attributed to 'translation'.

Things would be far clearer if Mr Ledger or the RFL chose to explain how or why they failed to understand their own rules. They are, naturally, free to explain as much, or as little, as they choose but blaming translation when that clearly cannot address their own role in this does them no favours and only invites cynicism, imho, of course.

my apologies but I don't understand a word of that
I just supplied some first hand accredited information to clarify a situation.
I'll know wbetter in future.
Keeping it local

#50 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never made a mistake?

Edited by LOWFIELD, 01 March 2010 - 11:29 PM.

#51 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my apologies but I don't understand a word of that

Lost in translation, huh. wink.gif

I just supplied some first hand accredited information to clarify a situation.

In short, I guess I was saying thank you for the additional info supplied but it only clarifies half of the situation for me and the fact that it doesn't address the whole situation is what leads to cynicism and distrust. I hope I also made clear that I understand you can only pass on as much as you have been told.

I'll know wbetter in future.

If that's aimed specifically at my post, apologies, it obviously didn't come across as intended.

#52 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

Why not just boycott the Toulouse game, at the same time, publicising our reasons and objections?. Sod em.

#53 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

rather selfishly i enjoy ouyr jonts to france
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#54 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Terry Mullaney @ Mar 1 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe dope testing ought to be extended to include RLHQ officials.

dope testing dope's........that could be interesting!!
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#55 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

Amazing what you miss working on nights.........I've just caught up on a whole day of Toulousian Turmoil in 20 minutes from reading through these posts...... biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see what the RFL's stance is in 12 months though......wonder how much it will have changed by then....

#56 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 1 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
check your posting the rfl via John Ledger have said that the story is erroneous.

to be honest I don't really care.
I took the time and trouble to contact the appropriate person aboutb this story and gave accredited replies to it on here to be helpful(don't metion it): to give people the facts.
the response has been perfectly in line with the zeitgeist of this 'forum'.
why bother eh

Well i've checked my posting and i still can't see where i've called anyone a liar. I repeat all i did was question the answer given to you that it was an "error in translation" between an English spokesman for the RFL and an English reporter for the League Express. This topic was started as a result of an article on the inside front page of the League Express where the ONLY names mentioned are Mike Rylance, the reporter and Carlos Zalduendo, the Toulouse chairman. I certainly don't think they are liars.
Next time i suggest you don't take the time and trouble as you immediately go off on one when anyone has the temerity to question your post. You accuse people of things they have not done. Then you throw the teddy out the pram with your "zeitgeist of this "forum" and "why bother eh" remarks.
Unlike you, i choose to question answers that seem baffling. An error in translation between two Englishmen is baffling to me.

Edited by DMS, 02 March 2010 - 05:09 AM.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#57 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Mar 1 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why does Martyn Sadler maintain that the origin of the story came from the RFL ? That being the case, how could there be an error in translation - I mean I know some of you Yorkies can be incomprehensible at times but surely there isn't that big a language barrier between Brighouse and Leeds ?

biggrin.gif
just passing on the information I was given mate
why not contact martyn by pm or on the TRL forum?
Keeping it local

#58 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (intheshed @ Mar 1 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lost in translation, huh. wink.gif

In short, I guess I was saying thank you for the additional info supplied but it only clarifies half of the situation for me and the fact that it doesn't address the whole situation is what leads to cynicism and distrust. I hope I also made clear that I understand you can only pass on as much as you have been told.

If that's aimed specifically at my post, apologies, it obviously didn't come across as intended.

fair call

no it wasn't aimed specifically at you
Keeping it local

#59 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (DMS @ Mar 1 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An "error in translation" my ar$e. The remark was from a RL official to a reporter from League Express. And why did the Toulouse Chairman say they had known they were exempt from getting to a grand final from the start.

DMS Ledger as I said told me that there had been an error in translation.
'an error in translation my ######' looks like it's saying he's lying to me.
Keeping it local

#60 IanFalkiner

IanFalkiner
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (PJT @ Mar 1 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been on the blower to William Hill. Bookies have slashed the odds of this thread being locked to 1/6 ON.

I don't know how you do it Mr l'angelo mysterioso laugh.gif laugh.gif

William Hill have also slashed the odds on Toulouse getting to the Grand Final this year. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users