Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A GF winner from play-off places 5-8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

Can we see it happening anytime soon? Have these clubs (5-8) got a realistic chance of winning the title this year or will they continue to make up the numbers?

I think only one club outside the top two has made the GF before - never mind winning it.

#2 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

Maybe if Leeds finish outside the top 4 they could do it but it is a difficult task for any side to play so many highly intense games away from home against sides that are rested. Leeds losing burgess and especially peacock will make it even harder for them.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#3 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

Not a lot of chance, but on any given day a lesser side like Huddersfield can shock someone like Wigan.

Its a big ask though to win 4 high intense games on the bounce.

#4 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

Definetley. 100% and a good question too. The way this season as gone it could be near. I feel anyone of leeds, Wigan, Wolves or Saints could grab it and I wouldn't argue with any of them. (of course I would if it's Leeds I will never return home, astonished that the rivals of my beloved Bulls could be so hurtful and win a trophy).

In all seriousnes I think if the strength of the top half of SL is owt to go by I would say in the next 4 years defo.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#5 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 16 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a lot of chance, but on any given day a lesser side like Huddersfield

You come out with some ###### but that takes some beating, one ######ing season and your a success, what a short memory you have

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#6 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 17 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You come out with some ###### but that takes some beating, one ######ing season and your a success, what a short memory you have

laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

For a moment there mate, I thought your were going to overreact.

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 17 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why rise ????

Lee, I do agree with you for what its worth.

Wendall mate, you need to rephrase your words sometimes.

Wires are having a good year, nothing won, but good signs.

Great to see the Pies get beat by Hudds. Electric

#8 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Scubby @ Aug 16 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think only one club outside the top two has made the GF before - never mind winning it.

It's happened 3 times with the club in 3rd IIRC - Wigan in 2003, Bradford in 2005 (the only team as it stands to win the comp from outside the top 2, so it has been done) and I think Hull in 2006? The last one I'm not 100% on.

Edit: I was wrong, Hull were 2nd in 2006, so I think only twice. If we are likely to see a team in 3rd below get there again, this year is the most likely so far

Edited by Amber Avenger, 17 August 2010 - 08:21 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users