Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Wildcats

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Wildcats (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. Wakefield (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 22 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's where I always sit mate, you should have come and said hello if I wasn't commentating a few other forum members off RL Fans came over to talk to me at half-time/full-time.

I would have done, but you were chatting to a lady in a wheelchair and I thought it rude to cut across the conversation.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#62 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Konkrete @ Aug 22 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have done, but you were chatting to a lady in a wheelchair and I thought it rude to cut across the conversation.

Yes I know who you mean mate, she was asking about the commentary and asking for the latest scores at the other games like they always do laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Next year though come and say hello, I do get a bit of break at half-time.

#63 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,606 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 22 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all the talk is about my commentary today which is making me rather emotional.

are you SURE its the talk not something else? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 22 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because now that there is my commentary he said his daughter doesn't have to spend all game constantly telling him where the ball and action is.

So she can now use her talent on the ref? biggrin.gif

seriously, though, it must have been great to make such a difference! well done!

#64 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (JohnM @ Aug 22 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you SURE its the talk not something else? biggrin.gif

So she can now use her talent on the ref? biggrin.gif

seriously, though, it must have been great to make such a difference! well done!

It's onwards and upwards John, although it really is a strange feeling when a supporter comes up to you and says that.

Knowing that I'm actually helping to attract supporters to the club.

I'm doing the Carnegie 9's on Wednesday at Headingley with a bloke from Leeds, then it's to the DW stadium a week on Friday for the final Bulls commentary of the season.

But the good thing now is that my name has been passed on to the RFL so any big events such as Wembley, Old Trafford, Cardiff, Cup Games etc . . . . They can use me for them.

#65 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (nath155 @ Aug 22 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would of been nice to say bradford deserved it but tbh nobody deserved anything in that game so poor all round the highlight of the game was leaving. wakefield just gave bradford it on a silver plate and im glad they took it.

I thought both sides scored some cracking tries tbh, mate. As a Bradford fan the quality of the game was irrelevant; we needed a win before the end of the season. Wakefield looked good in the forwards and made far more gound than I was happy with, and Obst directed them round the paddock pretty well when they got their roll on.

It seemed to me that St Hilaire tried to put players back into their 'normal' positions this week, with only Addy out of his usual spot in the forwards and Danny was terrific for the Bulls and, for once, I totally agreed with the sponsor's MOM decision. The forwards went well in our periods of dominance and Kearney, Godwin and L'Estrange took full advantage of the space created. As he gets a fair bit of stick on here, I'll say Mick Worrincy had a decent game, he ran hard and made his tackles. Langers never stopped running, Scrutes looked a bit more on the pace than last week , Koppy has kept up his stronger running performances and Lynchy was Lynchy. Both centres played well, which is nice to be able to say, Sykes looked far more at home there than he does in the halves and Platt keeps improving.

I guess Wakey fans might feel they should have won, well maybe they should, but they didn't. Despite the long run of defeats there have been plenty of games amongst them where we 'should' have won, but didn't, so it's nice to get the points.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users