Canberra Raiders: Bronson Harrison

Leeds Rhinos: Greg Eastwood

Manly Sea Eagles: Kieran Foran, Steve Matai, Tony Williams

Melbourne Storm: Adam Blair, Sika Manu

Newcastle Knights: Junior Sa'u, Zeb Taia

Parramatta Eels: Krisnan Inu, Fuifui Moimoi

Penrith Panthers: Sam McKendry, Frank Pritchard

St George Illawarra Dragons: Nathan Fien, Jason Nightingale, Jeremy Smith

South Sydney Rabbitohs: Roy Asotasi, Issac Luke, Eddy Pettybourne, Fetuli Talanoa

Sydney Roosters: Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Joseph Leilua, Mose Masoe, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Perrett, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Warriors: Lewis Brown, Aaron Heremaia, Lance Hohaia, Kevin Locke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Russell Packer, Sam Rapira, Jerome Ropati, Ukuma Ta'ai, Manu Vatuvei

Wests Tigers: Benji Marshall

Wigan Warriors: Thomas Leuluai

looks strong enough to win the four nations, should there be more super league players selected though?

2010 KIWIS - TRAIN-ON SQUAD

Brisbane Broncos: Alex Glenn, Antonio Winterstein

Canterbury-Bankstown: Bryson Goodwin, Ben Roberts

Canberra Raiders: Bronson Harrison

Leeds Rhinos: Greg Eastwood

Manly Sea Eagles: Kieran Foran, Steve Matai, Tony Williams

Melbourne Storm: Adam Blair, Sika Manu

Newcastle Knights: Junior Sa'u, Zeb Taia

Parramatta Eels: Krisnan Inu, Fuifui Moimoi

Penrith Panthers: Sam McKendry, Frank Pritchard

St George Illawarra Dragons: Nathan Fien, Jason Nightingale, Jeremy Smith

South Sydney Rabbitohs: Roy Asotasi, Issac Luke, Eddy Pettybourne, Fetuli Talanoa

Sydney Roosters: Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Joseph Leilua, Mose Masoe, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Perrett, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Warriors: Lewis Brown, Aaron Heremaia, Lance Hohaia, Kevin Locke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Russell Packer, Sam Rapira, Jerome Ropati, Ukuma Ta'ai, Manu Vatuvei

Wests Tigers: Benji Marshall

Wigan Warriors: Thomas Leuluai

looks strong enough to win the four nations, should there be more super league players selected though?

I wouldn't think so. Even Tommy Leuluai is very lucky to be there. He won't get picked as scrum half because Kieran Foran will l be competing with Nathan Fien for that spot as partner for Benji Marshall. Furthermore Isaac Luke has a mortgage on the hooking spot, with Aaron Heremaia as his most likely backup. Tommy is there in case any of the above mentioned are injured.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

If I was a Kiwi selector I would have a very tough time deciding on one wing spot, between Jason Nightingale and Tony " T Rex" Williams. The latter, when paired with Manu Vatuvei, would create nightmares for the Aussie backline defence.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

tony williams finishing this year has been superb when i've seen him and i'd go for him!

there's also inu, locke and talanoa in that squad going for a wing spot so theres going to be some tough decisions!!!

Inu is a poor defender. The Bulldogs are releasing him I heard.

Locke and Talanoa are both very good, but Nightingale and Williams are better.

The Kiwis really have strength in depth. The Aussies are really going to be challenged.

How can England compete with either of them given the weakness of the English three quarter line?

_____

Inu is a poor defender. The Bulldogs are releasing him I heard.

Krisnan Inu plays for Parramatta, but has been signed by the Warriors for 2011 along with Feleti Mateo. He can be really good, but has a tendency to switch off in matches. He seems to get picked in the Kiwi squad every year, but for whatever reason he never gets to play.

Edited by thirteenthman

If I was a Kiwi selector I would have a very tough time deciding on one wing spot, between Jason Nightingale and Tony " T Rex" Williams. The latter, when paired with Manu Vatuvei, would create nightmares for the Aussie backline defence.

The Aussie players see these two week in week out.

Williams can be slow going and does not seem to realise his size and potential.

Both are big, both are built like second rowers.

Both are somewhat slower than the Australians

When the Aussies put it through the hands and spin it wide with every player that touches it capable of splitting the line the Kiwis wingers will be in two minds on what to do, come in or stay out, they will be run around or cut out.

Neither are great football minds and rely on size to bulldoze to the line, it will not be enough at Test level.

Williams is only just a first grader.

Probably a tad biased but I would have thought Rangi Chase was in with a shout for the squad

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

some of these selections are farcical.

- tony williams is australian born to tongan parents, has previously played for the junior kangaroos and tonga in the rlwc, nobody ive heard from can explain how he is even eligible.

- zeb taia is australian born to cook islander parents, and qualifies for nz because the cook islands are a nz dependency!

- Ukuma Ta'ai played for tonga in last years pacific cup.

- bryson goodwins father (or uncle) played for australia, he qualifies through one nz grandparent (which is within our rules, it is just a bit weird considering his families rugby league history)

- fetuli talanoa played for tonga from 06-08, ben roberts had previously switched from nz to samoa for the rlwc, and we all know fui fui's switches, tonga-nz-tonga-nz.

The Aussie players see these two week in week out.

Williams can be slow going and does not seem to realise his size and potential.

Both are big, both are built like second rowers.

Both are somewhat slower than the Australians

When the Aussies put it through the hands and spin it wide with every player that touches it capable of splitting the line the Kiwis wingers will be in two minds on what to do, come in or stay out, they will be run around or cut out.

Neither are great football minds and rely on size to bulldoze to the line, it will not be enough at Test level.

Williams is only just a first grader.

Totally agre with that and in my own opinion I would go for Perret and Nightingale who are both excellent on the wing and at F/B also. Nightingale is in a superb vein of form and must be a certain starter on the wing. I imagine that Vatuvai will be on the other side but I find as you say that Williams is a bit laconic in his approach to the game and is not that relialbe a player, although when he does want to paly he is much better than Vatuvai and less prone to making unforseen and inexplicable blunders.