State of Origin 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win State of Origin 1?

• NSW - they'll be too strong at home
    • QLD - They'll draw first blood in the series

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last play summed up NSW 2nd half,clueless,Pearce after a good first half,was poor,Hodkinson was missing all game,too many aimless kicks and wrong options.

Need to change the half back pairing for game 2, Hodkinson very ordinary for me (and I am a dogs fan)

Need to change the half back pairing for game 2, Hodkinson very ordinary for me (and I am a dogs fan)

Trouble is the Blues don't have an abundance of top quality halves,the injured Adam Reynolds would be first on the list for me if his hand heals in time for game 2

Trouble is the Blues don't have an abundance of top quality halves,the injured Adam Reynolds would be first on the list for me if his hand heals in time for game 2

Decent shout, but if not I would go with Josh Reynolds and Pearce as the combination, Hodkinson not at this level I am afraid to say.

Decent shout, but if not I would go with Josh Reynolds and Pearce as the combination, Hodkinson not at this level I am afraid to say.

He would have to cut out his numerous brain farts,no doubting Reynolds talent but you wonder what planet he's on sometimes.

He would have to cut out his numerous brain farts,no doubting Reynolds talent but you wonder what planet he's on sometimes.

Guess that is what makes him special, but yeah needs to cut out daft niggles etc

Sadly, Queensland deserved that, due to NSW's collapse in the second half.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No chance thumbs take a long time to heal sadly. Maloney & Pearce have to be the halves and should have been for this game.

Just want to highlight that crowd is 3,000 less than last years GF! Despite all the hype around SOO the fact is it's a long way from what it used to be & the interest is declining. Fact is there's been some very poor decisions by those running the game in trying to please people who have never & will never be fans of our sport regardless & in doing so have soiled the product that people liked.

Just want to highlight that crowd is 3,000 less than last years GF! Despite all the hype around SOO the fact is it's a long way from what it used to be & the interest is declining. 

A long way from what it used to be? The biggest attendance in Sydney was 88,000 or so and that was in 1999 when ANZ was in its Olympic formation with more capacity. The biggest crowd since the capacity was reduced was in 2013 and was 83,813 - only 3700 more than today. You only have to go back to 2010 to find a crowd in Sydney for the opener of just 68,000. 

A long way from what it used to be? The biggest attendance in Sydney was 88,000 or so and that was in 1999 when ANZ was in its Olympic formation with more capacity. The biggest crowd since the capacity was reduced was in 2013 and was 83,813 - only 3700 more than today. You only have to go back to 2010 to find a crowd in Sydney for the opener of just 68,000. 

No arguments with any of that I was just pointing out the 2014 GF had an attendance of 83,830! I just don't by the hype around SOO It is not the biggest RL event as the hype suggests.

Archived