Hot Wired! Don’t miss the new Rugby League World, out now

rlw445-promo-may18-660x365.png

The times they are a changin' - if not for Bob Dylan, then certainly for Josh Charnley and Kevin Brown.
The former has turned his back on rugby union to return to League with a move to Warrington, where he has linked up with Brown, who has announced his retirement from the international game.
In the new issue of Rugby League World magazine, on sale Friday 27th April, we hear from both men via in-depth interviews.
Meanwhile Hull players past and present Stuart Howarth and Masi Matongo speak about their careers and future plans.
Chris Thorman, who was put in interim charge of Huddersfield following the sacking of Rick Stone, might be focused on claret and gold these days.
But at one time, his sporting world was black and white, and with Magic Weekend fast approaching we learn why St James' Park has such a special place in his heart.
Elsewhere in this issue, another halfback, Ben Roberts, talks about tackling a different position at Castleford while York's Will Jubb provides an uplifting story of how he jumped a major hurdle to become a professional.
We also cover the eagerly-awaited start of the Women's Super League season.
There's plenty more besides, including international focus on developments in Hungary, our regular round ups from France, Wales and Australia, a visit down to Post Office Road in Featherstone and a look at some of the famous siblings who have played the game over the years.
Grab your copy and enjoy the read.

Rugby League World magazine is in shops across the UK from Friday 27th April, grab your copy or download the digital edition now at www.totalrl.com/rlw - Also available by post and on subscription worldwide from www.totalrl.com/shop

ASK YOUR LOCAL NEWSAGENT TO RESERVE A COPY OF RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD FOR YOU EVERY MONTH (UK ONLY)

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

Head over to the Rugby League World Facebook page now at https://www.facebook.com/RugbyLeagueWorld/ for a live chat about the new issue with editor Doug Thomson and Matthew Shaw.

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

FFS, that is our winning run done for.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I would like to get this Magazine, it would be a side line to what I watch in the NRL but the digital copy is around $7.00 au.

Surely a digital delivered magazine does not cost much to make available for overseas subscribers.

If it was around $2-3 dollars Au I would subscribe.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 hours ago, Allora said:

I would like to get this Magazine, it would be a side line to what I watch in the NRL but the digital copy is around $7.00 au.

Surely a digital delivered magazine does not cost much to make available for overseas subscribers.

If it was around $2-3 dollars Au I would subscribe.

Unfortunately, by the time all the other parties involved in digital publishing have taken their slice in order to make the mag available in this format, at the price you suggest we'd be left with almost nothing, and we cannot afford to pay people to create all the original content in the mag and then give it away for nothing.

The digital subscriptions offer significant discounts of 33% for 6 issues and 48% for 12 issues. So if you took the plunge and opted for 12 issues, at the present conversion rate, you'd effectively only be paying AU$3.78 per issue.

There's a limit as to how cheap you can make something before it becomes unviable to produce at all.

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Unfortunately, by the time all the other parties involved in digital publishing have taken their slice in order to make the mag available in this format, at the price you suggest we'd be left with almost nothing, and we cannot afford to pay people to create all the original content in the mag and then give it away for nothing.

The digital subscriptions offer significant discounts of 33% for 6 issues and 48% for 12 issues. So if you took the plunge and opted for 12 issues, at the present conversion rate, you'd effectively only be paying AU$3.78 per issue.

There's a limit as to how cheap you can make something before it becomes unviable to produce at all.

Fair enough John.

I will look into the 12 months subscription.

Is the digital copy exactly the same as the hard copy or a cut down version?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

10 hours ago, Allora said:

Fair enough John.

I will look into the 12 months subscription.

Is the digital copy exactly the same as the hard copy or a cut down version?

Both carbon copies mate. Just something better about having it in the flesh in my opinion. You do get it a day earlier if you subscribe online though. Accessible by PC, Mobile, iPad. I hooked my PC upto my telly and was reading it on a widescreen the other day. Harry Edgar would have laughed all those years ago if you said that would ever happen!

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

Archived