NRL R3 Match threads

A bit late but there are still 3 games to go.

Souths v Wests - 2 unbeaten teams although the quality of opposition they dispatched and the manner in which they did it were vastly different. In one of the upsets of 2014, the Tigers beat the Bunnies in the corresponding fixture.

Titans v Newcastle - Could be a good game: the Titans have one of the fastest backlines in club RL and the Knights backs are all in good form. The 2 packs are roughly equal in size, mobility and experience. I don't think either team will make the finals. The weather may control this game: forecast for KO is 24° 84% humidity and 81% chance of rain.

Sydney Roosters v Panthers - I think both of these teams will make the top 4. Penrith without Soward? Not the same team, although the Panthers probably have a higher standard of ball skills across the whole 17 than the Roosters, who have an edge in the beef stakes. (note hilarious meat-related pun: stakes/steaks!)

Up the mighty Rabbtiohs!!! 

Dylan Walker what a tough young man playing & scoring two tries with a broken hand, He did the same thing against the Warriors over in Perth last year (Think it was a broken thumb or wrist last season can't really remember). Plenty to like about West's team & plenty of hope for the future.

Knights win and move to 2nd on the ladder, at least for the next 24 hours. Some credit should go to the groundskeepers at Robina. Despite all the rain up there today, the players' jumpers were completely mudless. Even the Knights' mostly-white away strip.

46min: Gold Coke strike back. Trail 14-12

Naughty...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big contrast in crowds.

Souths/Wests - 23,211

Titans/Knights - 6,962

Probably related to the huge thunderstorms they had in SE Qld today. Here's a pic of the storm in Brisbane.

888505-84634a2e-707c-11e3-a270-7f94192ab

People really are difficult to work out the attendances for all games this season so far have been less than impressive. From a Souths point of view our last two crowds have been about 10 thousand off where they should be & honestly I cannot see why, The Bulldogs game in two weeks will be interesting it "should be 40,000 plus" attendance .

10,000 at Brookie for the Dogs game was very poor. Manly present an odd problem for the NRL 2-Stadium Strategy. Every time the Liberals are in power in NSW or Nationally, they promise money to upgrade Brookie. Even worse when the PM and the NSW Premier are both Northern Beaches MPs.

Manly could end up having a 40,000 seat, all luxury suites stadium even if their crowds never get above 10K. It also makes it difficult for the NRL to convince clubs to leave Kogarah, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, etc, when they'll never try to get Manly out of Brookvale.

Pantherz wuz robbed. Well, partly, anyway. It was a good thing Easts won by 8 because there was a howler by the video ref on the DWZ no-try.

Josh Mansour returns after off-season surgery and makes 12 tackle busts in the first half and ran 219m for the full 80.

10,000 at Brookie for the Dogs game was very poor. Manly present an odd problem for the NRL 2-Stadium Strategy. Every time the Liberals are in power in NSW or Nationally, they promise money to upgrade Brookie. Even worse when the PM and the NSW Premier are both Northern Beaches MPs.

Manly could end up having a 40,000 seat, all luxury suites stadium even if their crowds never get above 10K. It also makes it difficult for the NRL to convince clubs to leave Kogarah, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, etc, when they'll never try to get Manly out of Brookvale.

That's it Manly & there right wing mates aye.

Just another reason to hate Manly & take great pleasure in there current situation, Long may it continue.

People really are difficult to work out the attendances for all games this season so far have been less than impressive. From a Souths point of view our last two crowds have been about 10 thousand off where they should be & honestly I cannot see why, The Bulldogs game in two weeks will be interesting it "should be 40,000 plus" attendance .

This will be my first NRL game,what's the chances of a 40,000 crowd,it would make for a great atmosphere.I watched the game against the roosters on TV last week and couldn't believe they only got 23,000 for a fixture that always seems a classic.Anyways the rabbits will have 4 new poms cheering them on against the dogs.

Does the fact games are shown live on free to air TV make a difference? I know Channel 9 are making a big thing about the Sunday games being live, but wouldn't that just give anyone who was perhaps wavering over whether to attend a good excuse to stop at home? 

A couple of bewildering video ref decisions over the weekend, although I can see why they gave the Panthers one as a no try - slowed right down there did appear to be separation.

This will be my first NRL game,what's the chances of a 40,000 crowd,it would make for a great atmosphere.I watched the game against the roosters on TV last week and couldn't believe they only got 23,000 for a fixture that always seems a classic.Anyways the rabbits will have 4 new poms cheering them on against the dogs.

Good stuff mate glad to have you all there. It will be a bumper crowd and a fair chance it will be around 40 thousand from previous encounters between these two great Sydney clubs on the Easter weekend. The Souths v Roosters crowd was poor & even with the Roosters small supporter base it should have been a far better turn out than that, round 26 2013 Souths V Roosters got 56,000 so a fair difference to this year.

Does the fact games are shown live on free to air TV make a difference? I know Channel 9 are making a big thing about the Sunday games being live, but wouldn't that just give anyone who was perhaps wavering over whether to attend a good excuse to stop at home? 

A couple of bewildering video ref decisions over the weekend, although I can see why they gave the Panthers one as a no try - slowed right down there did appear to be separation.

I think that has a lot to do with it, Sydney RL fans tend to be lazy & opt to watch it on TV rather than getting out there and supporting there teams. Another problem I believe is the murdoch media and there continued negative garbage they print about RL that could well be turning people away.

I think that has a lot to do with it, Sydney RL fans tend to be lazy & opt to watch it on TV rather than getting out there and supporting there teams. Another problem I believe is the murdoch media and there continued negative garbage they print about RL that could well be turning people away.

Some of the stuff the papers print out there is pretty unbelievable. I think ithere was an article on the Telegraph website the other day which basically blamed the NRL for Manly's pitch being in the state it is. 

I can't understand the attitudes of the Murdoch press. Are they still whining about getting pushed out of the NRL? RL is their bread and butter. If you took the back 4 pages out of the Telegraph no-one would buy it. Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson are beyond ridiculous. Wilson only ever writes about how she doesn't watch NRL anymore coz blah, blah, blah. Watch, don't watch! Who cares?

I can't understand the attitudes of the Murdoch press. Are they still whining about getting pushed out of the NRL? RL is their bread and butter. If you took the back 4 pages out of the Telegraph no-one would buy it. Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson are beyond ridiculous. Wilson only ever writes about how she doesn't watch NRL anymore coz blah, blah, blah. Watch, don't watch! Who cares?

Spot on Farmduck, I personally have not bought there trashy rag since appox 1999 & never will but unfortunately due to working in a crew of blokes I still see the rubbish they print from time to time. The stories players tell about rebecca wilson are very interesting indeed & go along way to explaining why she is so bitter. Ahh phil Slothfield just pathetic little man plain & simple i'd be very surprised if anyone took anything he said serious (except the hobbits at cronulla of course), These two are just a pair of bitter hacks with very clear personal agendas.

Archived