Jamie Thackray

nokia

I think JT would be an excellent addition to our squad. A mobile prop with plenty of aggression. If dp could get his confidence and fitness up he would make a real impact in our league in my view.

To my mind jamie thackerey wouuld be a spot on signing for fev

Jesus! It wasn't long ago Thackery was in the GB team & was tearing SL sides apart. I find it hard to comprehend that rugby fans wouldn't know who he was or if he would be a good signing!! ability alone he would be a good signing for any of the lower half SL sides. However rumor does suggest hes is indeed difficult to handle and may well test DP to the fullest!

Jesus! It wasn't long ago Thackery was in the GB team & was tearing SL sides apart. I find it hard to comprehend that rugby fans wouldn't know who he was or if he would be a good signing!! ability alone he would be a good signing for any of the lower half SL sides. However rumor does suggest hes is indeed difficult to handle and may well test DP to the fullest!

Thought he was going to be a world beater when he broke onto the scene but IMO has not fulfilled that potential.

No better than what we have.

Thought he was going to be a world beater when he broke onto the scene but IMO has not fulfilled that potential.

sure he would make the most of our new ground sponser ;) .

Bob, i cannot agree with you on this one , the lad has been in with the best and at times IMO MATCHED THEM, i realise ,not everyone will agree with me ,at least as good as what we have ,if not better than the majority, come on daryl sign him on

You have put the same message on the Dewsbury site. Where does the rumour come from.

Know he had few games at Hessle RU, he has also been to couple of the Oulton matches. This level he should be a stand out player. Does have tendency to course sh#t wherever he goes though.

Know he had few games at Hessle RU, he has also been to couple of the Oulton matches. This level he should be a stand out player. Does have tendency to course sh#t wherever he goes though.

so....where's the rumour come from?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

well if he is signing for fev, the club, players, agents, officials etc have done a better job of keeping it quiet than any other player we've signed this closed season cos no-one appears to know owt about him signing for us!

I would guess he isn't a rover! Only a guess like!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Was talkin to tommy haughey last night and he was not offered another contract because dp told him there was no more room for forwards, so if he does sign then that would be harsh on tom!

He was also saying how in a polite word 'upset' how he was treated, also prycey felt this way too! But he wished fev all the best and said he was very sad to leave.

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Was talkin to tommy haughey last night and he was not offered another contract because dp told him there was no more room for forwards, so if he does sign then that would be harsh on tom!

He was also saying how in a polite word 'upset' how he was treated, also prycey felt this way too! But he wished fev all the best and said he was very sad to leave.

For what it's worth I was upset to see Tommy go. As for the reason for no contract offer there was "no more room for forwards" then if that's true it's a weak excuse as far as Haughey goes IMO. For large chunks of the season when forced to he played in the threequarters and was the only one who could make a break at times. Not bad for a forward, a true utility player that will be an asset in any team :D . Did he sign for Keighley in the end and did Pricey go to Barrow also??

perhaps phil, but that's always the case when players move on.

I'm more than happy with the decisions daryl has made re the playing squad for this coming season.

Both tommy and wayne both had indifferent seasons. Both could be world beaters on their day but both had too many 'off' days for those making the decisions.

Some of the bretheren are keen tommy fans, same wi prycey. I just think both were too inconsistent last season.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

For what it's worth I was upset to see Tommy go. As for the reason for no contract offer there was "no more room for forwards" then if that's true it's a weak excuse as far as Haughey goes IMO. For large chunks of the season when forced to he played in the threequarters and was the only one who could make a break at times. Not bad for a forward, a true utility player that will be an asset in any team :D . Did he sign for Keighley in the end and did Pricey go to Barrow also??

No bud they are both still looking for a club, there's no money about apperentley, all the lads at fev av taken massive pay cuts from last year he was saying

him and prycy looked to be happy tho in there fant dress round ackworth!

No bud they are both still looking for a club, there's no money about apperentley, all the lads at fev av taken massive pay cuts from last year he was saying

him and prycy looked to be happy tho in there fant dress round ackworth!

Good on them :lol: . I heard it was a good night in Ackworth. It's getting a good rep for New Years eve, maybe give it a whirl this year myself :D

Good on them :lol: . I heard it was a good night in Ackworth. It's getting a good rep for New Years eve, maybe give it a whirl this year myself :D

Ye was a good night, dean sampson was the bouncer in the boot n shoe!

True, and there are two sides to every story but there are ways and means of letting a player go and I hope that past lessons have been learnt. A little tact and diplomacy doesn't go amiss, especially when they could come back to haunt us.

Couldn't agree more, players who are not offered a new deal (rightly or wrongly) do seem to be treated pretty poorly.

True, and there are two sides to every story but there are ways and means of letting a player go and I hope that past lessons have been learnt. A little tact and diplomacy doesn't go amiss, especially when they could come back to haunt us.

Does not only apply to regular first team lads.

Tommy may of been upset by how he was treat but you can times that by 20 the amount of times i was upset by his total disregard for that famous hooped shirt he was wearing and the un-acceptable performances he gave for most of the time. The annoying thing was he was class when he wanted to be, i have no time for players like that. What i wouldnt give to wear that shirt in a game, sadly it means nothing to some, and then they have the bare faced nerve to complain, i despair i really do