The Eagles v Rams Ref is just a little better than the one on Sunday!

Eagletarian

The Co-operative Championship Friday March 19th

Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams Kick off 7.30pm

Ref J Leahy TJ I Curzon TJ B Leze RR R Dolan TJ Coach P Hewitt MC D Milburn

At Don Valley Stadium

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

An amoeba?

....is a single celled organism.

Do I get a GCSE now?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Theres no :O about it Eagleraider, if we don't improve by say at least 110% (impossible I know) you won't have much trouble.

Other than being able to see the game if you forget your binoculars! : :lol:

Edited by muddyfunster

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

FFS

he is c.rap !!!

and dont be giving the ''He's from Dewsbury'' rubbish

he's harder on us than every other ref...except fat boy hewer

this is a interesting fact about hewer

in all the time he has reffed (4 seasons maybe now)

we have never won a game he has taken charge of

sods law says we should have least won 1 game at least with him as ref..but no games is beyond belief

and in that time mr spewer must have reffed over 20 games of ours...

and as for leahy...the strike rate aint much better

nailed on sheffield win on friday for sure....no doubt about it

FFS

he is c.rap !!!

and dont be giving the ''He's from Dewsbury'' rubbish

he's harder on us than every other ref...except fat boy hewer

this is a interesting fact about hewer

in all the time he has reffed (4 seasons maybe now)

we have never won a game he has taken charge of

sods law says we should have least won 1 game at least with him as ref..but no games is beyond belief

and in that time mr spewer must have reffed over 20 games of ours...

and as for leahy...the strike rate aint much better

nailed on sheffield win on friday for sure....no doubt about it

I've noticed this too coolie and have said as much before. In Fact there are two incidents that stick in my mind enough to say spewer cost us the games

1) Batley away 07 season Batley winger scored in corner after going into touch. The game was televised and the replay clearly showed even at full speed that he went into touch. This put the host ahead and the momentum to go on and win from it.

2) Calling a forward pass 1st home game of the 08 season against Halifax in the last seconds which would have given us the game by at lest 2 points. I seem to remember the touch judge didn't think it was forward and spewer blew far to quick to be sure. In fact (correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't there some controversy over this decision after. IE an admission that someone got it wrong?

Ok these are just two incidents that stick in my mind and I suppose the neutral will say its just sour grapes but I honestly get the impression the spewer does not like us!

Bring Leahy on!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I personally do not have a problem with any of the refs unless their calls, (or lack of them), are so outrageous, for example, balls kicked direct into touch and call by touchy and ref were that it bounced, forearm smash which lays player out, when ball nowhere near, ie miles of the ball, and all that happens is it goes on report. Feet in touch, play on, off-side and ignored, not square at pob, laying on and ref cant count 3 seconds etc etc and that is generally and not specific to any team.

I do wish that refs, and touch judges, realised that the public are there to see 34 (eventually) players and not an official.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

There is no doubt that Sheffield will romp away with this one the way we are playing at the moment. Injuries galore, no kicking game, no passion, no drive and just plain no idea!

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

I personally do not have a problem with any of the refs unless their calls, (or lack of them), are so outrageous, for example, balls kicked direct into touch and call by touchy and ref were that it bounced, forearm smash which lays player out, when ball nowhere near, ie miles of the ball, and all that happens is it goes on report. Feet in touch, play on, off-side and ignored, not square at pob, laying on and ref cant count 3 seconds etc etc and that is generally and not specific to any team.

I do wish that refs, and touch judges, realised that the public are there to see 34 (eventually) players and not an official.

It really is a sad state of affairs. Did you see letter in the League Express this week saying as much? I like the author remember talking about how well my or the other side had performed or what a fantastic try saving tackle so and so made etc. Now the focus is on how the officials performed or didn't in many cases, and why they came to such a strange decision etc

One example of this was when skimming the fev board I noticed one or two posters saying if it were not for the bad display, decision making of the official in the middle they would have put 60 or 70 past us. (This is not a dig at any reading Fev supporter). We are now so obsessed with the whistle blower it detracts from how good (or bad, as the case may be) the teams game itself were.

Edited by muddyfunster

It really is a sad state of affairs. Did you see letter in the League Express this week saying as much? I like the author remember talking about how well my or the other side had performed or what a fantastic try saving tackle so and so made etc. Now the focus is on how the officials performed or didn't in many cases, and why they came to such a strange decision etc

One example of this was when skimming the fev board I noticed one or two posters saying if it were not for the bad display, decision making of the official in the middle they would have put 60 or 70 past us. (This is not a dig at any reading Fev supporter). We are now so obsessed with the whistle blower it detracts from how good (or bad, as the case may be) the teams game itself were.

Agreed MF, so let's all take personal vows to abstain from blaming the refs for our teams' misfortunes and maybe accept that they simply got beaten by a better team. I'm sure that many of us could enjoy the game more if we just watched our teams instead of the refs.

{btw the Batley winger didn't go into touch, he dropped the ball.}

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Agreed MF, so let's all take personal vows to abstain from blaming the refs for our teams' misfortunes and maybe accept that they simply got beaten by a better team. I'm sure that many of us could enjoy the game more if we just watched our teams instead of the refs.

{btw the Batley winger didn't go into touch, he dropped the ball.}

Your right BSJ I remember now

Of course my memory is not what it used to be! Now who am I and what am I doing here???? :D

Much that I am wanting an Eagles victory it dismays me to think that the Rams fans are writing their team of straight away.

The same was thought of other teams last season and they failed to live down to expectations !!

Just hope it is a good competitive game, and the ref and his mates are not the ones being watched.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

I agree with Shorto!!!! I want the Rams to do well, especially when we have two good ex Eagles players in Dom and Adam playing for them.....I reckon it will be a cracking game if we don't have any pedantic officials......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

I reckon it will be a cracking game if we don't have any pedantic officials......

It's the greatest pedant in the game reffing comrade!!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Theres no :O about it Eagleraider, if we don't improve by say at least 110% (impossible I know) you won't have much trouble.

Not impossible at all. B)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Not impossible at all. B)

Thanks for your confidence, but the way things look at the moment I worried. Really hope we can give you a game,

and what with Batley giving Gateshead a real spanking last night the teams in our league seem to be getting further away from us.

Oh well things can only get better! :unsure: