Today

Rob Hemmi

Poor game for the neutral but decent game for the rovers!

BRING ON THE WIRE !!!!!

Can't see the point myself. Turn up, go through the motions, take the money and concentrate on the League. If we put up a decent performance and look like giving them trouble the ref will make a decsion like the one Thaler made against Catalan. IMO it's pointless the players risking a season ending injury in these games when we know from the start what will happen if we look like winning.

I recall the cup game against Leeds in the late nineties. The only time I've ever seen a player sin-binned for "persistent offside" They were always going to win but were a bit rusty not having played a real competitive game and Rovers (well into their season) were giving them a bit of a run-around. Until the sin-binning that is. After that it was no contest and no longer a competitive game.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Can't see the point myself. Turn up, go through the motions, take the money and concentrate on the League. If we put up a decent performance and look like giving them trouble the ref will make a decsion like the one Thaler made against Catalan. IMO it's pointless the players risking a season ending injury in these games when we know from the start what will happen if we look like winning.

I recall the cup game against Leeds in the late nineties. The only time I've ever seen a player sin-binned for "persistent offside" They were always going to win but were a bit rusty not having played a real competitive game and Rovers (well into their season) were giving them a bit of a run-around. Until the sin-binning that is. After that it was no contest and no longer a competitive game.

I'd agree with tht, we have a big enough squad to field a decent second string team and not effect league form... or do a Leeds United and win and let our league campaign go off the rails :O

Cummins Out.

Listen to it ont radio then bud

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Cant see us putting second string team out, although I would agree that I wouldn't want to do a Leeds United. The thing is all our boys will want to play at the very highest standard and this is their chance to square up against some of the best larker is in the land.

I would be happy with a good effort on the pitch, a good turnout from the blue & white army,sing me heart on the terraces all afternoon and no injuries.

Then if we end up losing back to winning ways in front of the sky cameras against Tolouse! :D

Unlike Kellington's daftest fev fan, I'm not one for over-egging the estimate of our support.

However, there were considerable numbers in the lower and upper sections of the stand and at both ends. The car park told a similar story with and amazing number of fev shirts heading for the cars/bus.

The number of people who I haven't seen at an away game in ages was also a big positive.

I think you've underestimated Chris - nearer a thousand would be my best guess - not that it's the most important stat of the day

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Unlike Kellington's daftest fev fan, I'm not one for over-egging the estimate of our support.

However, there were considerable numbers in the lower and upper sections of the stand and at both ends. The car park told a similar story with and amazing number of fev shirts heading for the cars/bus.

The number of people who I haven't seen at an away game in ages was also a big positive.

I think you've underestimated Chris - nearer a thousand would be my best guess - not that it's the most important stat of the day

Think I got a picture of the fans in the first half, will bang it on here.

Picture below shows the upper column of where the fans were sat.

IMG_8300_595.jpg

Edited by Chris Taylor

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

I am not too fussed how many were there, I am just glad I was. We have come a long long way, when we can consider a 16 - 40 victory at a tough place like Sheffield as routine.

What a fantastic ground for live sport Bramall Lane is. It keeps the atmosphere in the ground and is one of the few footy grounds that can sound good with so few fans in. It is an eye opener for how an old stadium can be improved and redeveloped. When I went 10 years ago there were only 3 stands and the two tier one behind the goal was not even in-line with the pitch. Build the corners up and join the stands and you have a cracking ground.

I felt like Motty up on that Gantry, great view.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

When I went 10 years ago there were only 3 stands and the two tier one behind the goal was not even in-line with the pitch.

You should have been there when the Cherry Street stand was the cricket pitch. You were standing 60 feet over Fred Trueman's run-up.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

For years I've waited & waited & waited and now finally I get to see my team at the top week after week!!!!!!!!! :D

Well done today 1 -17..... Sheffield are never easy to beat and we dominated again today!

My MOM Grayshon followed closely by Finn.................AWESOME! :D

Edited by K.Loxton

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

I am not too fussed how many were there, I am just glad I was. We have come a long long way, when we can consider a 16 - 40 victory at a tough place like Sheffield as routine.

What a fantastic ground for live sport Bramall Lane is. It keeps the atmosphere in the ground and is one of the few footy grounds that can sound good with so few fans in. It is an eye opener for how an old stadium can be improved and redeveloped. When I went 10 years ago there were only 3 stands and the two tier one behind the goal was not even in-line with the pitch. Build the corners up and join the stands and you have a cracking ground.

I felt like Motty up on that Gantry, great view.

Nail on the head Ovo. That's exactly what I think.

yes of course the result was impressive. We haven't had the best of run against sheff home or away.

However, not very long ago this fixture would have attracted a mini bus and a few cars of travelling support. The estimates of anything from 500-1000 is also a massive indicator of how the club is progressing and how it's support base is increasing

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)