Cas to appeal and rightly so!

I assume that they are not disputing the fact that they didn't conduct a meaningful inquiry, which was another thing they were criticised for.

If they did everything right (which they clearly feel they did) then justice will be done.

I am not overly impressed with the statement tbh, but it is perhaps understandable as they are not happy with the decision.

Couple of issues:

Firstly, it is as though they are content to play the incident down, pointing out that it was quiet and only 15s in total. However, the stewards will have heard this, and would pick it up at the time better than the cameras, so I don;t feel that necessarily excuses them.

Secondly, the match commissioner issue. I don't see the relevance here. He didn't hear anything. With that in mind, why should he be dragged into the inquiry? It's as though they are saying there is no issue as he didn't hear anything. He is one man, and can't hear everything.

Thirdly, just because there was only one complaint doesn't make it alright, again they seem to be playing it down as not too serious based on only one complaint being received.

Finally, as mentioned earlier, they do not even mention the afterwards inquiry, so I assume they admit they weren't up to scratch there.

I'm not gonna get into the whole original fine again, just commenting on what I believe is a weak statement, and if that is the basis of their appeal, I am not too sure what kind of success they will have.

I assume that they are not disputing the fact that they didn't conduct a meaningful inquiry, which was another thing they were criticised for.

If they did everything right (which they clearly feel they did) then justice will be done.

I am not overly impressed with the statement tbh, but it is perhaps understandable as they are not happy with the decision.

Couple of issues:

Firstly, it is as though they are content to play the incident down, pointing out that it was quiet and only 15s in total. However, the stewards will have heard this, and would pick it up at the time better than the cameras, so I don;t feel that necessarily excuses them.

Secondly, the match commissioner issue. I don't see the relevance here. He didn't hear anything. With that in mind, why should he be dragged into the inquiry? It's as though they are saying there is no issue as he didn't hear anything. He is one man, and can't hear everything.

Thirdly, just because there was only one complaint doesn't make it alright, again they seem to be playing it down as not too serious based on only one complaint being received.

Finally, as mentioned earlier, they do not even mention the afterwards inquiry, so I assume they admit they weren't up to scratch there.

I'm not gonna get into the whole original fine again, just commenting on what I believe is a weak statement, and if that is the basis of their appeal, I am not too sure what kind of success they will have.

Well it seems pretty compelling to me, but my brain is obviously not as big as yours to see all the holes in the statement............ah well!!!

I reckon he'll do it for free for the total injustice and the obvious RFL stitch up!!
:lol: Yep, cos that's how lawyers work! When they think someone is innocent they give them freebies!!!

:lol: Yep, cos that's how lawyers work! When they think someone is innocent they give them freebies!!!

Rod Findlay might as he was pretty aggrieved with the RFL over some things that happened when he owned Gateshead Thunder.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The bit about the MC not being called to give evidence is absolute rubbish. He was called and explained to them that he hadn't heard it but then he was standing in the tunnel area and there was a lot going on around him to drown out any external noise.

The bit about the MC not being called to give evidence is absolute rubbish. He was called and explained to them that he hadn't heard it but then he was standing in the tunnel area and there was a lot going on around him to drown out any external noise.
This is one of the key areas that concerns me about their statement. They are making out it was some kind of travesty that a person who had heard or seen nothing wasn't called as a witness!

Ref's miss all sorts on the field but people still get cited for things afterwards. Do people who subsequently get banned then call the ref to their defence in the appeal because he didn;t see anything, so therefore he hadn't done anyting?

well that's the first hole blown in the game day operating procedure for a start, and at the same time the club's statement regarding dealing with chanting.

The match day announcer is a very important part of a club's afety procedures. That is why clubs have a pitchside MC and a stadium announcer in a box/control room.

What if it hadn't been homophobic chanting instead a fire(even more important considering the nature of the ground), or someone taken seriously ill, or something like that. The stadium announcer's role is vital in such situations as a line of communication to the crowd. What you say is not only not an excuse, but calls into question the way that game day is run at the club.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

well that's the first hole blown in the game day operating procedure for a start, and at the same time the club's statement regarding dealing with chanting.

The match day announcer is a very important part of a club's afety procedures. That is why clubs have a pitchside MC and a stadium announcer in a box/control room.

What if it hadn't been homophobic chanting instead a fire(even more important considering the nature of the ground), or someone taken seriously ill, or something like that. The stadium announcer's role is vital in such situations as a line of communication to the crowd. What you say is not only not an excuse, but calls into question the way that game day is run at the club.

The MC (match commissioner) is there working for the RFL not the club. He is there to smooth things between the match officials and the club and to make sure that game day quidelines are in place. The club have their own safety officer and their own pitch side announcer something completely different.

The MC (match commissioner) is there working for the RFL not the club. He is there to smooth things between the match officials and the club and to make sure that game day quidelines are in place. The club have their own safety officer and their own pitch side announcer something completely different.

Angelo has got confused with his MC's

I don't think you understand what is meant by the MC, in this case we are not talking about the Master Of Ceremonies LOL!!

In fact our MC never shuts up communicating with the crowd when your trying to have a chat with yer mate, he's a bloody pain in the butt TBH.

Nothing wrong with our game day crowd communication............we always know when someone parked wrongly on wheldon road ...........about 50 blumming times LOL!!

In fact our MC never shuts up communicating with the crowd when your trying to have a chat with yer mate, he's a bloody pain in the butt TBH.

Is that good old Darren you are talking about :D

Happy days when he left Wakey :lol:

i belive we have a good case against gareth thomas,the more i read and listen it is pretty clear that both he and emanuelle palidino (His Agent) have an hidden agenda and imho that is money and a career in the media for thomas, which utterly disgusts me that a man who potrays himself has a victim but is merely out for personal gain and he doesnt care who he treads on to get it.

Just an opinion, i still do not condone any type of abuse.

so not the Master of Ceremonies then

my apologies for the misunderstanding.

so what were the club doing to deal with the problem?

Keeping it local

i belive we have a good case against gareth thomas,the more i read and listen it is pretty clear that both he and emanuelle palidino (His Agent) have an hidden agenda and imho that is money and a career in the media for thomas, which utterly disgusts me that a man who potrays himself has a victim but is merely out for personal gain and he doesnt care who he treads on to get it.

and what information do you have to support that opinion?

Keeping it local

I'm locking this before you make an even bigger fool of yourself than you have already.

It's time to let the appeal run its course now.