Northern Rail 9s

fixtures

Slightly unfair that Leigh have three away games, and Fev all home ;)

Is anyone making the trek, or is it just locals and those from Batley and Widnes making a weekend of it?

With all this rain I would think the pitches will be a quagmire by the third games....so much for summer rugby :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

There's a wedding booked at the rugby club on the same day. That'll be a right laugh will that. How amateurish can you get, the only facility this "ground" has is the bar and it's going to be over-run with wedding guests. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

fixtures

Slightly unfair that Leigh have three away games, and Fev all home ;)

Is anyone making the trek, or is it just locals and those from Batley and Widnes making a weekend of it?

With all this rain I would think the pitches will be a quagmire by the third games....so much for summer rugby :D

Yes, a couple of us heading over. Twas a good weekend last year, but the weather helped a lot. If it rains tomorrow, it'll be a disaster.

And if there is a double booking on the club-house, someone at Fylde wants pulling thru' with a pineapple.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Yes, a couple of us heading over. Twas a good weekend last year, but the weather helped a lot. If it rains tomorrow, it'll be a disaster.

And if there is a double booking on the club-house, someone at Fylde wants pulling thru' with a pineapple.

Well I hope the bride and groom are into RL, otherwise they must be nuts having their reception there - to be hoped they were warned and it's come cheap - plus it's going to be fun for the fans if the club house is out of bounds - what a farce

Only ever been once with BD92 ( thanks George) and really enjoyed it - hope you have a great weekend whatever the weather

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Halifax are through after beating both Doncaster and London 24-20 and 36-10 respectively.

Sheffield are through after beating Oldham 40-0 and Featherstone 24-12 and Barrow respectively.

Barrow are now out after drawing with Oldham 14-14 and then going down to Featherstone 4-14, so they must beat Sheffield in the last game to go through, but didn't.

Hunslet are also through after beating Blackpool 20-6 and London 14-10 and Doncaster 24-16.

Results so far that we know about:

Barrow Raiders 14-14 Oldham, Referee M Thomason

Doncaster RLFC 20-24 Halifax RLFC, Referee M Kidd

Dewsbury Rams 16-20 Rochdale Hornets, Referee C Halloran

Blackpool Panthers 6-20 Hunslet Hawks, Referee W Turley

Keighley Cougars 28-22 Whitehaven, Referee M Kidd

Featherstone Rovers 14-4 Barrow Raiders, Referee D Merrick

Swinton Lions v Gateshead Thunder Unknown

London Skolars 10-14 Hunslet Hawks, Referee M Kidd

Oldham 0-40 Sheffield Eagles, Referee C Halloran

Rochdale Hornets v Gateshead Thunder Unknown

Workington Town 6-10 York City Knights, Referee D Merrick

Featherstone Rovers 12-24 Sheffield Eagles, Referee M Thomason

Doncaster RLFC 6-28 Leigh Centurions Referee G Donlan

Keighley Cougars 22-14 Workington Town, Referee D Merrick

London Skolars 10-36 Halifax RLFC, Referee C Halloran

York City Knights 26-14 Whitehaven, Referee M Kidd

Doncaster RLFC 16-24 Hunslet Hawks, Referee G Donlan

Dewsbury Rams v Gateshead Thunder Unknown

Keighley Cougars 22-14 Workington Town, Referee D Merrick

London Skolars 12-22 Leigh Centurions, Referee W Turley

Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions Unknown

Featherstone Rovers v Oldham Unknown

Blackpool Panthers 10-34 Halifax, Referee C Halloran

Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles, Sheffield win but score unknown.

Workington Town 4-14 Whitehaven, Referee G Donlan

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Donny 6 Leigh 28

Skolars 12 Leigh 22(unsure)

from rlfans

Northern Rail 9's Semi Finals

Semi Final One, Referee D Merrick, Kick-Off 5pm

Sheffield vs 4th Place

Semi Final Two, Referee M Thomason, Kick-Off 5:30pm

2nd Plave vs 3rd Place

At a guess Halifax will feature as will Hunslet but my friend who is at the event hasn't text me the Leigh scores so we don't know how they have got on.

Swinton I'm hearing have won all there games, beating Rochdale, Gateshead and Dewsbury, so it's all down to points for and against as to which of the remaining sides will join Sheffield and take up the three semi-final spots.

Northern Rail 9's Semi Finals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semi Final One, Referee D Merrick, Kick-Off 5pm

Sheffield Eagles vs Keighley Cougars

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semi Final Two, Referee M Thomason, Kick-Off 5:30pm

Halifax RLFC vs Swinton Lions

Can I just say a big well done to Swinton and Keighley on a 100% record so far, but at the same time Hunslet who also had a 100% just didn't make the final cut as both Keighley and Swinton had superior points for/against.

Halifax RLFC 14-14 Swinton after 30:00 minutes.

We have a Golden point semi-final between Halifax and Swinton for the right to play Sheffield.

My friend up there on the coast says "he's never been this nervous in years" :lol:

Result

Halifax RLFC 18-14 Swinton

Halifax win in Golden Point extra-time and will now face Sheffield in the final in around 30 minutes time.

Credit must go to Swinton for pushing the Championship side so close.

Result

Sheffield Eagles 4-16 Halifax RLFC

Well despite the RFL poster up at the ground saying that there should be a half hour gap between the last semi-final and final.

It would seem Halifax have just gone out there and played one after the other and have seen off the Sheffield Eagles in the final by sixteen points to four.

Congratulations to Halifax who are the 2010 Northern Rail 9's CHAMPIONS :)

Just seen this on the Leigh forum

Just got back from the game's. leigh won all 3 of there game's, as did other team's, so it went on point's scored between Leigh and Keighley to see witch team would get into the semi's.

Somebody seen an official change Keighley's score on one of there game's from 26 to 28 this ment Leigh would not reach the semi's so they had to go home.

One minute we were in the semi's the next we weren't. The team played well as did the young lad's one in particular stood out young hoppy, two try's in the last game, his second try was a 70 yard run. It look's like Leigh were cheated out of a semi place!.

:O:lol::D

Nice one Fax. Good to see Sheffield in the final at least.

Bet it was a decent day out. Would have liked to have traveled up for that. Opted for watching Bristol Sonics against Coventry, which was an absolute cracker. The Sonics won with a try 2 mins from time - exciting stuff!

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �