Who's the best Ref ?

Who's the fairest and "The one you dont mind when he's reffing your team?"

Notwithstanding last Friday night, I'd still go with Ganson - he gets things wrong as all officials do, but generally less than the others.

I've seen the younger refs such as Child and Thaler have outstanding games and very poor ones - with a bit more experience and consistency I see these guys surpassing the old guard.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Notwithstanding last Friday night, I'd still go with Ganson - he gets things wrong as all officials do, but generally less than the others.

I've seen the younger refs such as Child and Thaler have outstanding games and very poor ones - with a bit more experience and consistency I see these guys surpassing the old guard.

Got to agree, Ganson is still the best ref in the country.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

In that vein then-MICK GLEDHILL, after all he's always an expert on refs performances.

Nah, in order to become a ref you have to qualify and the first step is to take a course. Mick has never done this despite several invitations. I have and actually go out and do the job, not just talk about it.

Nah, in order to become a ref you have to qualify and the first step is to take a course. Mick has never done this despite several invitations. I have and actually go out and do the job, not just talk about it.

Then well done to you, we need more like you, you have my admiration it it something I could never do.

I may not have been on a course but I've officiated a number of games of Rugby League and loved every minute of the experience.

As for who the best referee is in Super League then Ian Smith wins it hands down.

He always let's the game flow and gives minimal penalties, only when it's absolutely necessary to blow up for one.

The rest don't even come close.

I may not have been on a course but I've officiated a number of games of Rugby League and loved every minute of the experience.

As for who the best referee is in Super League then Ian Smith wins it hands down.

He always let's the game flow and gives minimal penalties, only when it's absolutely necessary to blow up for one.

The rest don't even come close.

Your now is growing again Mick. it's gone from one alleged schools game to several now has it? I know for a fact that you have never picked up a whistle in the middle of a game. You do know that it doesn't become true the more you say it and the more you exagerate it don't you.

Your now is growing again Mick. it's gone from one alleged schools game to several now has it? I know for a fact that you have never picked up a whistle in the middle of a game. You do know that it doesn't become true the more you say it and the more you exagerate it don't you.

Well you're very much wrong.

I still have the yellow logitog referee kit I was given and it was three games not one or serveral.

Nothing really to exagerate about it, I've been there done it, tried it and found it really interesting, it most certainly helped me pass my sixth form assignment on match officials at the time.

If you have any problem with the above just ring St Bedes Grammer school up and ask to speak to Ben Snape or John Simpson who will tell you that I've been out in the middle officiating games.

I even did a final at Cougar Park.

Mick, if you loved reffing so much, why not go on a course and do it, every league is crying out for refs.

It was only three games I did as part of my a level sixth form assignment, one was at where Bradford Salem play, one was at Wibsey and the last one was at Cougar Park.

I also ran the line as a touch judge in one of the other finals as they were a bit short.

I did sent an email a year or so ago to Paul Carr (I think his name was), he was down on the RFL webiste for West Yorkshire and never got any correspondence back so I sacked the idea, plus my eye sight could be a problem although it's not too serious yet.

Who knows what the future holds, if the chance would arise again.

I have and actually go out and do the job, not just talk about it.

What level you reffing at ?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

It was only three games I did as part of my a level sixth form assignment, one was at where Bradford Salem play, one was at Wibsey and the last one was at Cougar Park.

I also ran the line as a touch judge in one of the other finals as they were a bit short.

I did sent an email a year or so ago to Paul Carr (I think his name was), he was down on the RFL webiste for West Yorkshire and never got any correspondence back so I sacked the idea, plus my eye sight could be a problem although it's not too serious yet.

Who knows what the future holds, if the chance would arise again.

You chase them, you don't sit back and wait for it to happen.

James Child.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Well you said Ian Smith...............Michael you have issues, now he is thomas the tank ;):P

He's the only one we win any games under.

Friday 14th May 2010, Wakefield 10-29 Bradford, Referee Ian Smith (Oldham)

:P