St Helens vs Bradford Bulls

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Out of the 11 losses in a row only one has been one real hammering, that being the game at Odsal, where we were totally outclashed by Huddersfield to the tune of 52-6 in the rain.

I would like to think that we could keep this up at what will be our last ever game at Knowsley Road, because I still think with having the week off, that we could bring out a shock come Friday with the two week rest, but Leeds beating St Helens did us no favours at all.

On a side note, this gives Potter the chance just to see who he wants to keep at the keep next season.

So please please please play Worrincy (that'll be the only time you see me post this on here).

Anyone remember last years game? ;)

Our record at Knowsley road since 1996 (Super League, Play-Offs, Challenege Cup).

1996 St Helens 26-20 Bradford, Att: 10,010, Ref: S Cummings

1997 St Helens 20-38 Bradford, Att: 10,277, Ref: S Cummings

1998 St Helens 33-25 Bradford, Att: 6,955, Ref: S Cummings

1998 St Helens 46-24 Bradford, Att: 8,973, Ref: S Cummings

1999 St Helens 58-14 Bradford, Att: 15,042, Ref: R Smith

1999 St Helens 25-16 Bradford, Att: 8,490, Ref: J Connolly

2000 St Helens 10-32 Bradford, Att: 10,128, Ref: S Presley

2000 St Helens 16-11 Bradford, Att: 8,864, Ref: R Smith

2001 St Helens 38-26 Bradford, Att: 10,428, Ref: R Connolly

2002 St Helens 34-26 Bradford, Att: 11,316, Ref: R Connolly

2002 St Helens 26-28 Bradford, Att: 8,904, Ref: R Smith

2003 St Helens 46-22 Bradford, Att: 12,714 Ref: I Smith

2003 St Helens 18-22 Bradford, Att: 9,642, Ref: R Smith

2004 St Helens 35-30 Bradford, Att: 11,609, Ref: R Silverwood

2005 St Helens 34-27 Bradford, Att: 13,488, Ref: R Silverwood

2005 St Helens 18-32 Bradford, Att:10,102, Ref: A Klein

2005 St Helens 18-23 Bradford, Att: 15,741, Ref: K Kirkpatrick

2006 St Helens 38-16 Bradford, Att: 9,786, Ref: A Klein

2006 St Helens 42-18 Bradford, Att: 6,480, Ref: K Kirkpatrick

2007 St Helens 34-22 Bradford, Att: 9,417, Ref: R Silverwood

2008 St Helens 58-20 Bradford, Att: 10,692, Ref R Silverwood

2009 St Helens 30-34 Bradford, Att: 10,156, Ref R Silverwood

Played 22, won 7, lost 15, drawn 0 giving us a win/loss ratio of 31.8% or one win every three years (so not a happy hunting ground for us) :O

The referee for Friday's clash is the man who can do no wrong at the minute for mine, Mr Thierry Alibert (Tarn, France)

Edited by Tommy The C5t

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to say that Bradford will spring a surprise and stuff Saints, but I can't. Sorry, Mick. Saints to win by a lot. :(

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'd love to say that Bradford will spring a surprise and stuff Saints, but I can't. Sorry, Mick. Saints to win by a lot. :(

No need to say sorry mate, I think this one speaks for it's self on paper but if you think back to last year when we won at Knowsley Road in what was a huge ask, if the same was to happen again on Friday then for mine it would be the biggest shock in Super League history.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Far more games than your lot, remind me who are going to Wembley and are inside the top 8.Is it Bradford?

The above doesn't mean a thing if you lose to Warrington and get knocked out of the play-offs early does it.

While your there call around for NE and take him to a game.

The above doesn't mean a thing if you lose to Warrington and get knocked out of the play-offs early does it.

While your there call around for NE and take him to a game.

It's still more than the Odsal crater boys have achieved though Mick

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

OMG Saints to murder the Bulls

Saints, need a big score to over turn Wires....but do they, will wires concentrate on the CC (hope not after last year and throwing games {no disrespect to the clubs involved} before the Final.

so.

Saints 64 Bulls 4

If players return.........................a true slapping will be on the cards. :unsure:

It's still more than the Odsal crater boys have achieved though Mick

Sadly all this ###### taking (which I know is good banter) only serves to highlight the extent our decline and how sad it is that the once fantastic occasion of a St Helens vs Bradford Super League game is now a shadow of what it once was.

I know in some Leeds supporters eyes that the above is true to them that they miss the 23,000 sell-out crowds at Headingley and competitve games.

It's also a massive shame for the rest of Super League that we are no longer a force because at the height of our dominance no other club came close to taking the away support that we had.

We had over 5,000 at Warrington in 1997, and over 10,000 Bradford supporters inside Don Valley the same year.

Super League needs a strong and competitve Bradford.

OMG Saints to murder the Bulls

Saints, need a big score to over turn Wires....but do they, will wires concentrate on the CC (hope not after last year and throwing games {no disrespect to the clubs involved} before the Final.

so.

Saints 64 Bulls 4

If players return.........................a true slapping will be on the cards. :unsure:

Even if I knew we were going to lose 64-4 Paul I would still go to the game mate.

But see the last post I made before this.

Sadly all this ###### taking (which I know is good banter) only serves to highlight the extent our decline and how sad it is that the once fantastic occasion of a St Helens vs Bradford Super League game is now a shadow of what it once was.

I know in some Leeds supporters eyes that the above is true to them that they miss the 23,000 sell-out crowds at Headingley and competitve games.

It's also a massive shame for the rest of Super League that we are no longer a force because at the height of our dominance no other club came close to taking the away support that we had.

We had over 5,000 at Warrington in 1997, and over 10,000 Bradford supporters inside Don Valley the same year.

Super League needs a strong and competitve Bradford.

Agree, but taking Harris from the WRU and other big contracts c0cked you up....

Even if I knew we were going to lose 64-4 Paul I would still go to the game mate.

But see the last post I made before this.

Yeah just posted to it.

You are one of the Few real fans left (you go home and away)

i have seen Wires smashed and still go, maybe not to many away games but thats family life.

Bradford need thousands more like you to come out again :P

It's cyclical, could be us next. Our academy just doesn't seem as strong but never mind, it's only a game ;)

I know that these things are cyclical throughout all levels of Rugby League but no club has replaced us, so to speak and Super League suffers as a result.

Massive year for Bradford as a whole next year because if the crowds don't come back we are in serious trouble heading towards the next batch of license applications in 2015.

Agree, but taking Harris from the WRU and other big contracts c0cked you up....

We have been here before so I don't go into too much detail, but the person to blame is our ex chairman who at the time thought it was a good idea to get one over on Hetherington.

To this day we are still paying Leeds a considerable amount each year in compensation and this along with the bad management that have worked at the club that have got us to where we are today.

That said the current chairman although not in the public domain as much as Caisley, seems to know which path to go down.

Yeah just posted to it.

You are one of the Few real fans left (you go home and away)

i have seen Wires smashed and still go, maybe not to many away games but thats family life.

Bradford need thousands more like you to come out again :P

You'll find them in the pubs all over the city talking utter ###### about what should and shouldn't be done.

It really pains me when you arrive in the pub clad in Bulls shirt, scarf etc and then to have some horrible thing that claims to be the oracle of Odsal tell me that we are ###### on just hearing the result.

I could murder the lot of them, but it's these people and it pains me to say this that they hold the key to our future.

Mick, fair comments on both posts.

But remember you have seen some GREAT years and plenty of success.

Most SL fans would give there right hand for just one SL, or even a GF.

the fall of Bradford is dreadful... not good for SL like you stated, agree 100%.

lost revenue as you pointed out with your BIG away following.

You'll find them in the pubs all over the city talking utter ###### about what should and shouldn't be done.

It really pains me when you arrive in the pub clad in Bulls shirt, scarf etc and then to have some horrible thing that claims to be the oracle of Odsal tell me that we are ###### on just hearing the result.

I could murder the lot of them, but it's these people and it pains me to say this that they hold the key to our future.

It's a shame the way support has fallen away Mick, It didn't do that when Wigan sank badly. I just wonder why this is happening?

It's a shame the way support has fallen away Mick, It didn't do that when Wigan sank badly. I just wonder why this is happening?

Next season is a new era for Bradford Parksider and for mine it's 1996 all over again and a chance to build on some solid foundations put in place by McNamara and Medly.

We have a new coach in Mick Potter who is already used to Odsal.

We've some excellent young players already at just about Super League level (Donaldson, Whitehead, Addy, Southernwood, George Burgess, Finnigan, Olbison and Crookes), who will form in my eyes our serious tilt at the title in 2013 but we could do with maybe one or two decent off season signings to improve the squad for next year and help bring these hot young prospects on with regards to their overall development.

I've said for the past two month that the club need to do something special to entice the lost support back to Odsal and we have this to look forward to next Sunday:

On Sunday 22nd August during the half time interval Bradford Bulls Chairman Peter Hood will announce a radical and innovative membership initiative for next season and the start of the new decade. This unique opportunity surpasses any deal in the history of the club, giving loyal Bulls fans an unprecedented membership package.

Which can be described as the Bradford board sending out the sos after the two woeful years that we've just had.

But this won't be enough, what we need to do is go back to the tried and tested route that worked 15 years ago by sending Bullman and the players in and around the cities schools and Rugby League clubs (the club needs to get it's self out there, promoting itself and its product once again) and hand out "free kids entry when accompanied with a full paying adult.

There still a recession on, and a lot of families in Bradford (one of the UK's poorest cities) don't have a lot of money to spend on luxuries like going to watch the Bulls up at Odsal so the free kids tickets will make it cheaper for them to come to the game.

The Harris saga and all it's consequences have not helped us one bit, so too has the ongoing saga surrounding odsal stadium which is slowly financially crippling us.

But I would like to think that this eleven game losing run is rock bottom and that from next season we really can kick on and be the force we were back in the late 90's once again.

Mick, fair comments on both posts.

But remember you have seen some GREAT years and plenty of success.

Most SL fans would give there right hand for just one SL, or even a GF.

the fall of Bradford is dreadful... not good for SL like you stated, agree 100%.

lost revenue as you pointed out with your BIG away following.

I know but it's not just us moaning about having a right to win everything in sight, but that we have so much deadwood, not to mention the many underachievers at the club.

Saints

Daylight

Bulls

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.