International Origin

Could we expand the SOO competition to include Yorshire and Lancashire sides, I wasn't overly impressed by NSW this year and think strong sides from our heartland countys could become competitive.

If you don't like Rugby League, you don't like Rugby

titansnewsword2.jpg

AWFUL idea.

I was going to say something along those lines, but ended up just clicking back instead

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Why are so scared, didn't expect such a lilly-livered reaction tbh if we keep that cowardly attitude we'll never beat the test side.

OK, how would it work?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Why would a hugely successful concept like SOO be ruined to include some rubbish teams from England that can't even create a popular and high quality series amongst themselves?

Well then there would be three rubbish teams in it instead of one wouldn't there

If you don't like Rugby League, you don't like Rugby

titansnewsword2.jpg

I think you may find Queensland make NSW look not quite good enough.

If NSW played either county it would be slightly different.

Players like

Tahu

Gasnier

Hayne

Gallen

Watmough

Pearce

Carney

Morris

Lyon

Bird

Would make any England team.

Edited by AndyCapp

Well then there would be three rubbish teams in it instead of one wouldn't there

The difference is NSW will come good in a couple of years, just as both states have done after bad patches in the past, whereas Yarksher and Lanasher will always be ######. I can just imagine the venues and crowds for that series: Brisbane 50,000, Sydney 70,000, Castelford 6,000, Leigh 5,000. Genius.

I think there was a case for using the two origin sides in tour fixtures before the RFL switched to a summer season. Queensland toured a number of years ago, and it would have been good to have seen NSW do the same. I think there was a reluctance to sanction tours by non-test teams in case they overshadowed international tours.

Perhaps an idea at one time - ie, when GB was the rep team - would have been to alternate tours by Qld and NSW to GB. in non-tour years, and have a tournament made up of England, Wales (that is splitting GB into its 'states' of origin) Qld/NSW and France. With England being stand-alone these days then it could be seen as downgrading them as an international team. I don't think Lancashire or Yorkshire could live with a full strength origin team.

I was going to say something along those lines, but ended up just clicking back instead

Are you saying that, English Provincial sides should never have the chance to play their Australian and New Zealand counterparts. Good idea why not.

expansion within the game, what is wrong with that, it gives more players chances to play at the elite level.

Edited by Doghead

Queensland toured a number of years ago, and it would have been good to have seen NSW do the same. I think there was a reluctance to sanction tours by non-test teams in case they overshadowed international tours.

Yeah, that was when Mark Broadhurst sat the QL hooker on his ar$e and Hull KR went on to beat Wally and his all star QL side.

rldfsignature.jpg

Could we expand the SOO competition to include Yorshire and Lancashire sides, I wasn't overly impressed by NSW this year and think strong sides from our heartland countys could become competitive.

Totally silly idea because the ARL would insist that all Lancashire and Yorkshire players make themselves available for Kangaroo selection.

rldfsignature.jpg

What would be interesting is if England played NSW or Queensland. Matches like that used to take place on Lions Tours years ago, but it would be nice even just as a one off to see how we'd go. I'm pretty sure NSW V England at the SCG would pull in the crowds no problem. I think we'd stand a good chance against them as well. As for Queensland V England in Brisbane, now that would be a game to savour. Sad thing is, it'll never happen.