Wow!

Vic Johnson

Quote from 'Nosey Parker' column today, .......'Many former players will be in attendance with John Freeman, Dame Shirley Bassey's cousin by marriage' .......... In wales this makes him famous? :D Who are you related to that we might want to come and see you.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

? Who are you related to that we might want to come and see you.

residents of airedale are exempt from this question.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Quote from 'Nosey Parker' column today, .......'Many former players will be in attendance with John Freeman, Dame Shirley Bassey's cousin by marriage' .......... In wales this makes him famous? :D Who are you related to that we might want to come and see you.

My uncle Des was married to the sister of former newsreader Leonard Parkin ( who came from Upton). My niece is married to the grandson of Sir Bernard Lovell, I was the coach driver for Grimethorpe Colliery Band for many years until I became a manager. Oh yes ( this is perfectly true ) I once danced with the Kirov Ballet at The Royall Opera House Covent Garden, in the presence of HRH The Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret. Do I get a Blue ( and white) peter badges.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

My uncle Des was married to the sister of former newsreader Leonard Parkin ( who came from Upton). My niece is married to the grandson of Sir Bernard Lovell, I was the coach driver for Grimethorpe Colliery Band for many years until I became a manager. Oh yes ( this is perfectly true ) I once danced with the Kirov Ballet at The Royall Opera House Covent Garden, in the presence of HRH The Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret. Do I get a Blue ( and white) peter badges.

Bob.....was it you on 'Brassed Off'?

I once told Colonel Blashford Snell (great explorer), he was talking rubbish at a Parent teachers evening and brought to proceedings to a rapid conclusion. As for relatives we Smith's are famous in our own right.

No chance that driver had to find his way to London!!!!!!

he didn't have to drive in london. they travelled on the tuba.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

i come from a long line of boxers.

except for my dad, he was a cocker spaniel.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

i've got a "W" tattoo'd on each of the cheeks of my bottom. when i bend over, you get the title of this thread.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Bob.....was it you on 'Brassed Off'?

I was in Brassed off in the club scene, in actual fact I was in charge of Frickley South Elmsall band at the time the film was being made ( 1994) We were on Calendar and edit 5 21 times during that year. Frickley pit was shutting and we lost our funding, The people making Brassed off came to see us but we had too many youngsters in the band and too many ladies. It was decided to go with Grimethorpe, who then used several players from other bands. In 1994 Frickley pit shut, but we battled on and went to London to the National Finals , we won and that followed the plot of Brassed Off. We then managed to get sponsorship from Sam Smiths and then Standard Fireworks. The band is still active today and goes from strength to strength.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

i've got a "W" tattoo'd on each of the cheeks of my bottom. when i bend over, you get the title of this thread.

I've got the initials to Bed and Breakfast on my cheeks, I bend over it spells my name.

I've got the initials to Bed and Breakfast on my cheeks, I bend over it spells my name.

This is getting to be 'holier than thou'. I Used to be in Featherstone brass band and we practised on Station Lane and at home. I had a horn and being in a back to back house used to drive the neighbours mad. That being so I had to SCALE it down a bit. They still complained and I had to give it up. Mind you I was useless as well. It reminds me though of when I was in a nobbly knees contest and was disqualified because my legs were so perfect. Not blowing my horn of course.

Sorry for goin off thread Vic, I'm sure many of our friends have met famous people . I once went to London with Robin and we walked up to Buckingham palace. I lost Robin in the crowd and stood there looking up at the balcony to see if the queen came out. At 12 o'clock the queen and her party walked onto the balcony and an American guy at my side asked who the fellow was at her side. i looked up and there was a distinguished looking gentleman in a uniform, I wondered who he might be, when the American said, " I mean the guy in uniform stood next to Robin !" Edited by Bob Fowler