cas scroungers

oldrover

wow what a bitter set of fans you really are.

It's an offer put forward by the development company. Yes they're in it for one reason however if it helps the local area then it's a benefit. I think you'd also find any club going through planning permission to ask for support too - I guess you never moaned when Warrington had their stadium built thanks to Tesco?

too right were bitter, teams were refused admission to super league because of there facilities yet you were given 2 licences and millions of pounds while playing from that dump, teams in the championship spent money they could ill afford trying to get there facilities upto standard while Cas spent it on 2nd rate aussies to stay in super league. The whole business stinks to high heaven, and now your black mailing the council to agree to the planning. Never in a month of Sundays would that get passed without the freebie for Cas, but with Box and cooper on side it will be nailed on. One thing when it gets built and fev play you it will be more a home game for us than it will you

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too right were bitter, teams were refused admission to super league because of there facilities yet you were given 2 licences and millions of pounds while playing from that dump, teams in the championship spent money they could ill afford trying to get there facilities upto standard while Cas spent it on 2nd rate aussies to stay in super league. The whole business stinks to high heaven, and now your black mailing the council to agree to the planning. Never in a month of Sundays would that get passed without the freebie for Cas, but with Box and cooper on side it will be nailed on. One thing when it gets built and fev play you it will be more a home game for us than it will you

How in gods name will it be am home game for you when you can not even get 3k at home are you for real.

Because your new ground will be in ponte you ignoramus and as that's were most Fev fans live we will be able to walk to the ground, as for 3k what do you think your crowds would be had you been stuck in the championship for 20 years not getting promoted because your ground wasn't fit for purpose all the while your neighbours were in with a worse ground milking millions from sky. I reckon some of your fans would think whats the point and walk away. Another thing we wouldn't need 3k fans to make any game at your ground into a home game for us, your not called "the 5 towns runaways" for nothing 

2 reasons cas might as well play at Pontefract Park.first of all it will be closer to cas than their proposed site is and secondly standing up on grass with a rope around the pitch will look and feel more comfortable than Wheldon Dump.

I after say 95 percent fev are OK and do like them but you are really bitter I was one them fans who went on your pitch many years ago to protest about merging and glad I did so both clubs can exist. do you think rfl not done there best to finish both clubs we got religated when we did not even come bottom like you.on a another I live in glasshouton around the corner from were it is going to be built last time I new I livid in cas and I bet just many fans who follow cas who live in Ponty as fev now days.

I after say 95 percent fev are OK and do like them but you are really bitter I was one them fans who went on your pitch many years ago to protest about merging and glad I did so both clubs can exist. do you think rfl not done there best to finish both clubs we got religated when we did not even come bottom like you.on a another I live in glasshouton around the corner from were it is going to be built last time I new I livid in cas and I bet just many fans who follow cas who live in Ponty as fev now days.

The only cas fans that live in ponte are the non drinking Social outcasts

One question Syngen, remind me how long have you promised S/L you are moving to a new ground?

Remind me how long your 'operation Super League' has been going on? (See we can both be petty)

Plans fail all the time, unless you're able to secure an investor its always going to be a struggle funding a £20m+ stadium.

Would I care if it was Fev/Wakefield with the offer we have? Nope not really, brings investment to the local area and provides benefits to thousands of people. Also people moaning about using council tax to fund other ventures who really cares? I live in Leeds city centre and don't moan when our council does anything for Rhinos.

Remind me how long your 'operation Super League' has been going on? (See we can both be petty)

Plans fail all the time, unless you're able to secure an investor its always going to be a struggle funding a £20m+ stadium.

Would I care if it was Fev/Wakefield with the offer we have? Nope not really, brings investment to the local area and provides benefits to thousands of people. Also people moaning about using council tax to fund other ventures who really cares? I live in Leeds city centre and don't moan when our council does anything for Rhinos.

I can assure you that youd feel like us had you been on the outside looking at others gorging from the trough for the last 20 years, the annoying thing is the millions you have had more than us from Sky, you received those millions and 6 years no relegation licence to build some kind of infrastructure, you have criminally wasted it, so to read your man begging that hes never asked for anything in his life but wants the council to wave this through leaves a bad taste im afraid

I can assure you that youd feel like us had you been on the outside looking at others gorging from the trough for the last 20 years, the annoying thing is the millions you have had more than us from Sky, you received those millions and 6 years no relegation licence to build some kind of infrastructure, you have criminally wasted it, so to read your man begging that hes never asked for anything in his life but wants the council to wave this through leaves a bad taste im afraid

I agree that you were hard done by when SL entered it's first season but you had as much and every opportunity as everyone else to gain promotion to SL so it doesn't wash with me with your constant bleating about being on the outside. In the early days before all the millions were thrown at SL clubs you were on an even footing with most everyone else but at the end of the day your playing performance wasn't good enough to gain you, or give you the chance of promotion, that isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Nearly everyone agrees that the licensing system was wrong and unfair but that was the fault of the governing body not Cas. We could go down the avenue of all the cash Fev have wasted and the favours that have come your way via local council help but what's the point? You now have the opportunity to prove that you are SL standard by gaining promotion, if that doesn't happen no doubt you will find another excuse to blame someone else other than yourselves.

I agree that you were hard done by when SL entered it's first season but you had as much and every opportunity as everyone else to gain promotion to SL so it doesn't wash with me with your constant bleating about being on the outside. In the early days before all the millions were thrown at SL clubs you were on an even footing with most everyone else but at the end of the day your playing performance wasn't good enough to gain you, or give you the chance of promotion, that isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Nearly everyone agrees that the licensing system was wrong and unfair but that was the fault of the governing body not Cas. We could go down the avenue of all the cash Fev have wasted and the favours that have come your way via local council help but what's the point? You now have the opportunity to prove that you are SL standard by gaining promotion, if that doesn't happen no doubt you will find another excuse to blame someone else other than yourselves.

Yes our playing performances wernt good enough initially, but even then rather than wasting all our cash on trying to improve the team we spent a lot on improving the ground and have continued to do so to such an extent that in 6 months or so we will have a stadium that will be fit for purpose and pass any standards the RFL want to bring in. our gripe with Cas is they have spent nothing on there ground all on players so there performances were good enough to stay in the top flight. Now its all coming home to roost because your ground is falling apart and if the council doesn't give the green light and after the conversation iv just had im thinking they wont then what are you going to do???? You will be well and truly screwed and your CEO knows this

I wouldn't get your hopes up Cas fans there is a long, long way to go and a lot of hoops to jump through and the best case scenario is 3 to 4 years and you will still have to keep the jungle maintained in that time which will cost hundreds of thousands

Syngen I'm far from petty. I think your CEO has done C*S no favours with his pathetic outburst in Mondays RL Express. If I remember rightly the last major build was covering the Wheldon Road terrace in the 1960's, so as far as showing a commitment to ever improving facilities, over 50 years I think that deserves a round of applause.

Syngen I'm far from petty. I think your CEO has done C*S no favours with his pathetic outburst in Mondays RL Express. If I remember rightly the last major build was covering the Wheldon Road terrace in the 1960's, so as far as showing a commitment to ever improving facilities, over 50 years I think that deserves a round of applause.

Mate I cant post on the main forum but your been asked by a poster about job losses if cas get the green light. Well I know the land owner very well, now obviously he wants to sell and get the best price, so he went to Lateral group in Bradford and there dealing with it. The land is green belt and they need it changed to brown to get the best price. This is why there using cas build them a stadium for free and hope there 10k fans will put that much pressure on the authorities they pass it. there saying it will create jobs it wont however jobs will be moved around from Freeport and Ponte because jobs will as you say be lost there. The secretary of state is the only 1 that can change land status and it will have to get passed many times before it gets to that stage. There is also protest groups from residents set up the big things there going for are noise and light pollution, also parking there only planning on putting 500 spaces there the residents want to know where the rest are going to park. Also the congestion with the roads im now convinced this will get thrown out somewhere along the line it is the worst piece of land in the area for a stadium for all the reasons put forward by the protesters and the fact the land is greenbelt reduces the chances even further. the cas scroungers had better get asking for volunteers

Mate you've got it in one as regards jobs, some people have a tendency to have their heads in the clouds when it comes to a new stadium. I wonder if they've been round Freeport asking opinions of workers there about a new development being built in the vicinity.

I really like Wheldon Road. There's a real sense of history and nostalgia about the place and it's one of the last remaining 'traditional' grounds.

However, it's falling apart at the seams and the club hasn't invested any money in it for years given the possibility of moving to a new stadium.

What a pathetic attitude.

r02c.gif

I really like Wheldon Road. There's a real sense of history and nostalgia about the place and it's one of the last remaining 'traditional' grounds.

However, it's falling apart at the seams and the club hasn't invested any money in it for years given the possibility of moving to a new stadium.

What a pathetic attitude.

Yes the fact they have spent nothing thinking they will get a new ground is pathetic and is coming back to bite them

Mate I cant post on the main forum but your been asked by a poster about job losses if cas get the green light. Well I know the land owner very well, now obviously he wants to sell and get the best price, so he went to Lateral group in Bradford and there dealing with it. The land is green belt and they need it changed to brown to get the best price. This is why there using cas build them a stadium for free and hope there 10k fans will put that much pressure on the authorities they pass it. there saying it will create jobs it wont however jobs will be moved around from Freeport and Ponte because jobs will as you say be lost there. The secretary of state is the only 1 that can change land status and it will have to get passed many times before it gets to that stage. There is also protest groups from residents set up the big things there going for are noise and light pollution, also parking there only planning on putting 500 spaces there the residents want to know where the rest are going to park. Also the congestion with the roads im now convinced this will get thrown out somewhere along the line it is the worst piece of land in the area for a stadium for all the reasons put forward by the protesters and the fact the land is greenbelt reduces the chances even further. the cas scroungers had better get asking for volunteers

Blimey, that's a right bunch of straws you're clutching at there, nearly two hands full !!!

I've not made much of a comment either way on this selby lad, simply cos I can't be ar sed with the fev v cas jousting. Suggy n knottla have that we'll covered anyway.

Just a question. .. and trying to leave clubs allegiances to one side just for a mo, how much local opposition do you anticipate towards this project? Opposition from folk that have nowt to do with rugby? Or do you think it will go through with minimal opposition?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I've not made much of a comment either way on this selby lad, simply cos I can't be ar sed with the fev v cas jousting. Suggy n knottla have that we'll covered anyway.

Just a question. .. and trying to leave clubs allegiances to one side just for a mo, how much local opposition do you anticipate towards this project? Opposition from folk that have nowt to do with rugby? Or do you think it will go through with minimal opposition?

There will always be opposition to any major project involving a change in the designation of land use. It all depends on how well structured the opposite opinion is and how well it is presented and also how valid that opposition is considered to be. There is no doubt that the local residents will always object to such a plan as it will undoubtedly affect their present level of privacy which I totally accept and understand. For me they should be compensated accordingly. Is there really such a need for a development such as this so close to Xscape, probably not but it depends how the concept is sold to the powers that be that make the decisions on acceptance or not. To be honest I am pretty naïve as to what will be the occupancy on the site other than the new stadium that will be built for Castleford Tigers. Most of the points put forward on this thread and the one in the general forum I believe are fuelled more by RL rivalry and in some cases deep seated jealousy rather than structured opinion based on fact. Lets face it, if it was Fev that were having the new stadium built you would have exactly the same bitterness and opposition from Cas fans clutching at whatever they can to justify it not being built. Getting back to your original question with regard to local opposition, other than the standard opposition from the local residents, the retail outlets in Xscape, Ponte and some in Wakey and Leeds I really don't see any major stumbling blocks to stop the project going through. Don't get me wrong, I am in no position at all to say I have facts about anything associated with the site that would give any weight to my opinion but from a laymans point of view, apart from the local residents I don't see what all the hoo haa is about.

There will always be opposition to any major project involving a change in the designation of land use. It all depends on how well structured the opposite opinion is and how well it is presented and also how valid that opposition is considered to be. There is no doubt that the local residents will always object to such a plan as it will undoubtedly affect their present level of privacy which I totally accept and understand. For me they should be compensated accordingly. Is there really such a need for a development such as this so close to Xscape, probably not but it depends how the concept is sold to the powers that be that make the decisions on acceptance or not. To be honest I am pretty naïve as to what will be the occupancy on the site other than the new stadium that will be built for Castleford Tigers. Most of the points put forward on this thread and the one in the general forum I believe are fuelled more by RL rivalry and in some cases deep seated jealousy rather than structured opinion based on fact. Lets face it, if it was Fev that were having the new stadium built you would have exactly the same bitterness and opposition from Cas fans clutching at whatever they can to justify it not being built. Getting back to your original question with regard to local opposition, other than the standard opposition from the local residents, the retail outlets in Xscape, Ponte and some in Wakey and Leeds I really don't see any major stumbling blocks to stop the project going through. Don't get me wrong, I am in no position at all to say I have facts about anything associated with the site that would give any weight to my opinion but from a laymans point of view, apart from the local residents I don't see what all the hoo haa is about.

You wouldn't see what the hoo har was about as you don't live there, one of the gripes of the residents is people like you who live nowhere near the site signing petitions. There is Freeport across the road, garages all along ponte road. You go down ponte road any day around 5pm its gridlocked. You say clutching at straws im sorry there all valid points from the opponents, the land is greenbelt man do you know how hard that status is to get changed. the other developments that will be discussed at the meeting are all on brown belt land. you say its jealousy you really do get us wrong sorry your the most embarrassing fans in world sport I pity every 1 of you, plus don't underestimate the effect noise and light pollution will have on the application 

Archived