Record ST sales at Leigh

Well if there's a scramble for the 12 places then P & R opens up the chance for all to grab one before it's too late and they "wither and die".

Not sure why anyone should "wither and die" when there's still a desire and audience for Championship RL even if it's at supporters trust run clubs on a few hundred crowds and part time wages.

The SL clubs of course want the money for themselves because they need it and it's paid to them in return for providing SKY with Superleague. Over the course of the last contract it wasn't enough by tens of £Millions and every penny's needed to prevent SL clubs going bust or reducing the quality of the league.

I'm at a loss to understand why you cannot see that taking money off successful clubs is a good thing, or what good this money will do for small clubs. They'll swallow every penny on wages, unless you believe the money is so vast it can pay for everyone to be an SL club.

Clearly the financial need to now have two less SL clubs demonstrates the impossibility of this.

If we had 12 clubs left that would still be enough to cover M62 land and still have clubs in France and London so again not sure you've thought it through.  

So basically you want us to be ` satisfied ` to be small clubs with slowly reducing crowds without ambition to provide a breeding ground for geographical expansion that might ` one day ` provide another big club like London for you to beat , making you all feel better ?

Again by the time you find this big expansion club , you`ll have lost another few thousand fans and possibly a few clubs along the way

It isnt Leigh's or fevs or batleys fault nobody outside the M62 is interested in RL , so you've not much choice really

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically you want us to be ` satisfied ` to be small clubs with slowly reducing crowds without ambition to provide a breeding ground for geographical expansion that might ` one day ` provide another big club like London for you to beat , making you all feel better ?

Again by the time you find this big expansion club , you`ll have lost another few thousand fans and possibly a few clubs along the way

It isnt Leigh's or fevs or batleys fault nobody outside the M62 is interested in RL , so you've not much choice really

Its also not Leeds, Wigan, etc's problem that a lot of M62 clubs will never be big enough or competitive enough to threaten their dominance.

Some clubs are small clubs, have always been small clubs and will always be small clubs.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Its also not Leeds, Wigan, etc's problem that a lot of M62 clubs will never be big enough or competitive enough to threaten their dominance.

Some clubs are small clubs, have always been small clubs and will always be small clubs.

Yes , and youll have to put up with some in SL for a very long time yet

Yes , and youll have to put up with some in SL for a very long time yet

I don't have to put up with anything.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Well dont go then

Don't go where?

Oh ok, I've got a meeting first thing tomorrow but ill get on it after lunch.

I'm sure they'll listen to you , unfortunatley in the real world the clubs know they need somebody to play , be they rubbish or not , be they smalltown clubs or not , but at this moment there is nobody else , so you'll just have to put up with it

I'm sure they'll listen to you , unfortunatley in the real world the clubs know they need somebody to play , be they rubbish or not , be they smalltown clubs or not , but at this moment there is nobody else , so you'll just have to put up with it

They seem to have done ok without Leigh up until this point.

Stop winding him up you 2. If Leigh get promoted under this one sided system then they more than deserve to go up and take their chance.

Either that or we replace a club not big enough for SL with another not big enough for SL and we just have a cycle of clubs coming up, going down, going bust.

Stop winding him up you 2. If Leigh get promoted under this one sided system then they more than deserve to go up and take their chance.

Not winding me up , they know they dont have an argument , they want big town/city clubs to beat , but these clubs dont exist , so just what do they want ?

Oh dear whats up sonny ' lost the argument

The argument that I'm not in charge of the RFL and SLE and can't unilaterally force them to change structure tomorrow afternoon?

Whilst its good to know I've lost that argument, can you let me know which side of it I was on? I'll probably have to rearrange some things if that's what I'm doing tomorrow

Not winding me up , they know they dont have an argument , they want big town/city clubs to beat , but these clubs dont exist , so just what do they want ?

That statement shows that you understand nothing at all about me, nothing, zero, zilch, absolutely nothing.

To watch you're team play the rubbish ' thicko '

That's a bit harsh on the other teams St.Judes will be playing this season, since I watch more St.Judes games than anyone else I presume that's who you are referring to.

Oh and cut out the abuse.

Archived