Salford friendly

The King Of Leon

A tough day at the office against my dark horses for SL this season.The line speed of the Salford defence and the 3 man gang tackle on the South Leeds Gluepot made it virtually impossible to gain any yards or break any tackles. However a lot of credit goes to the team to keeping Salford to 6-0 in the 2nd half until 8mins from the end when 3 late tries made it a bit lop sided at 46-0. I thought young Theo Fages was real quality for the Reds and with Micheal Dobson still to add at half bk and kiwi Kevin Locke and Ben Jones Bishop still to come in its frightening the class and strength in that squad.For us, Brennan seems a decent signing and Broughton never took a backward step, Hardbottle will tackle all day but our attack is struggling on that pitch, heard today the council groundstaff are on the sick....

be nice to have a firmer pitch at Donny tomorrow hopefully.

I thought our lads put up a real battle against a big quality outfit, we tackled out hearts out and some of the hits we put on we're superb. We just lacked composure with ball in hand, I don't think we completed many sets which always put us on the back foot, but the experience some of young lads got will stand them in good stead for this season. Looking at the players who are playing today, we have really put a strong squad together. It's going to be interesting to see who makes the 17 at Fev in 3 weeks time.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

There was nothing between the teams at half time, apart from Salford scoring 4 classy tries. They also looked dangerous on many occasions but the second half decisions started to go against us and we dropped off and gave up towards the end. We can open a Mothercare shop with all the dummies we bought. Let's also hope that the ref is a super league referee and we won't be bothered by him this season.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Archived