Is this what Schoey meant!

Rumour has it that Fev will have 8 players who will be "Guesting" for them this weekend, that is players not contracted to them full time, they being either season long loans or DR players that make up this number. I do not know whether this information is correct but if it is it took my mind back to July last year when I read Garry Schofield's comments/thoughts on the new structure, to quote

"And dual-registration is a concept that has cheapened some of the lower-division clubs, like Swinton, who seem to have lost their identity in the last couple of years.

If all professional clubs now are to have a clear pathway to the top, then they need to be able to stand on their own feet and prove that they can cope without charity"

Very wise words from someone who gets castigated more often than not for his comments, has its been speculated before if Fev or any other team make the top four by adopting this method what happens come the end of the season play offs if they meet in the league structure with the parent club, will the parent club allow these guests to play in those games against them, I doubt it, but then allow them to play in games against the other teams thereby both weakening and strengthening a opposing team to their own advantage?

Considering that the 8 is a league structure, in the event of equal points gained in the league placings will points difference come into the equation and be a telling factor in the final mix?

This "new era" is the RL's baby, but they do not seem to have thought things through, they need to be addressing these conflicts very soon, or the Keighley/ Batley scenario we had last season will be very small in comparison to the shockwaves this could bring.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

While DR clearly has some challenges, the world changes, we have to work with what weve got and can afford.

Ultimately players are bought, loaned, borrowed by all clubs and always have been.

We used to bring in top aussies for periods of the season, Wire signed Johns for four games, clubs will live or die based on the decisions they make, but I dont have a massive issue about loans.

Rumour has it that Fev will have 8 players who will be "Guesting" for them this weekend, that is players not contracted to them full time, they being either season long loans or DR players that make up this number. I do not know whether this information is correct but if it is it took my mind back to July last year when I read Garry Schofield's comments/thoughts on the new structure, to quote

"And dual-registration is a concept that has cheapened some of the lower-division clubs, like Swinton, who seem to have lost their identity in the last couple of years.

If all professional clubs now are to have a clear pathway to the top, then they need to be able to stand on their own feet and prove that they can cope without charity"

Very wise words from someone who gets castigated more often than not for his comments, has its been speculated before if Fev or any other team make the top four by adopting this method what happens come the end of the season play offs if they meet in the league structure with the parent club, will the parent club allow these guests to play in those games against them, I doubt it, but then allow them to play in games against the other teams thereby both weakening and strengthening a opposing team to their own advantage?

Considering that the 8 is a league structure, in the event of equal points gained in the league placings will points difference come into the equation and be a telling factor in the final mix?

This "new era" is the RL's baby, but they do not seem to have thought things through, they need to be addressing these conflicts very soon, or the Keighley/ Batley scenario we had last season will be very small in comparison to the shockwaves this could bring.

Andy Hay has named his squad. 1 dr player from wakey. the leeds players you refer to have actually been signed on by us and are Featherstone players. 3 have been named in the 19, the other is injured. i think most Fev fans would rather there was no dr.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

If Featherstone have a squad of 31 players why do they need to use DR?

As a Fev fan I ask myself the same question.

Whilst it's good to see internationals like Pita Godinet play for Rovers it does nothing for the long term stability of the club. It strikes me as a panic measure to try and reach the middle 8's at all costs.

I am not privy to Fev's finances, but I worry that these kind of indicators point to us being in trouble if we don't make the top four this year.

After the Nahaboo debacle I am quite happy to see the club rebuild slowly and sustainabley over the next 3 or 4 years. We did it under Daryl Powell, why can't we tread the same path again?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Archived