York

phildog

Anybody following the mess at York? They need a ground, we've done it before for Dewsbury, Hunslet and Bradford PA. It may be 35 miles but they need support and quickly and it looks from a 1000 name petition that their fans would show up. Hope KN can liaise with someone and offer help and double up on home games when neccesary.

This' been brought up already.

I've been following the goings on at York and I really feel for them. I'd love it if we could help them. Like you've said, it's been done before at the Mount and it can't hinder us having the bit of extra income. A double header up at the Mount would be a cracking day out (providing the home games are on the same day).

SIGNATURE

Some games might coincide, special dayrates etc...funny though how the RFL don't seem to be getting over excited about helping out, probably cos York don't have 'Bulls' at the end of their name. (I think I was the one who brought it up originally). Trouble is of course, the one guy with whom discussions could be held is the guy who is standing in the way of progress, how does anyone get round that to begin talks? It has to happen soon, they must be due a home game, I think their 1st home game is the week after the Challenge Cup.

Some games might coincide, special dayrates etc...funny though how the RFL don't seem to be getting over excited about helping out, probably cos York don't have 'Bulls' at the end of their name. (I think I was the one who brought it up originally). Trouble is of course, the one guy with whom discussions could be held is the guy who is standing in the way of progress, how does anyone get round that to begin talks? It has to happen soon, they must be due a home game, I think their 1st home game is the week after the Challenge Cup.

What can the RFL reasonably do though?

In Bradford's case they were in administration so the RFL are virtually obliged to act in those circumstances, and what they did was to largely protect their own interests in any case. York are no in admin, just being owned and run by an idiot doesn't give the RFL a mandate for action.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As BSJ says what can you expect RFL to do in this situation? Its not a financial situation with the club in danger of going to the wall, its been run by an idiot who may have now given RFL reason to step in after alledgely calling some fund raisers for the club window lickers os RFL may now be able to persue that he is not fit and proper person to run the club. Most clubs have had idiots running them at one time or another even we have had in the past

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

York are members of the RFL and surely entitled to help, financial, legal or in whatever way. As I said, backed up by you though, who can discussions be had with besides the numpty who actually owns them to offer any aid? that could be at least where the RFL could step in, by dealing with the fans' committee etc. Batley could even talk to Mark App off the record to offer help. Let's face it, they're buggered if they haven't got sorted by next weekend, they're due to play at home, somewhere.

York are members of the RFL and surely entitled to help, financial, legal or in whatever way. As I said, backed up by you though, who can discussions be had with besides the numpty who actually owns them to offer any aid? that could be at least where the RFL could step in, by dealing with the fans' committee etc. Batley could even talk to Mark App off the record to offer help. Let's face it, they're buggered if they haven't got sorted by next weekend, they're due to play at home, somewhere.

You're right PD but the club's licence is held by the owners and it is they who would have to ask the RFL for assistance. Like it or not supporters are simply that (unless they are shareholders) so have no real legal status. I'm sure that the RFL are looking closely at this to see what they can legally do but they can't just take arbitrary action against the legal owners who would claim that they are simply in a commercial dispute with the council.

It's a mess but it won't be made any better by other bodies simply wading in.

Archived