The forums getting boring, BRING BACK THE BANTER

Going off topic but here is something to debate.

Got to say that after games the "Craic" is no longer the same as it was years ago. It may be that clubs and players try to have a more professional approach and that reflects after the games. Cant remember the last time we or any of our visitors had a good sing song ( Probably Wath Brow 2 or 3 seasons ago ) . Does anybody else feel that the after match enjoyment is lacking ?

The whole NCL is quite a sterile environment now, in particular the referee's who are often unapproachable off and on the pitch

perhaps there are more ex-academy players who have been in a professional environment 

perhaps the forum is a worse place without Wriggers

The whole NCL is quite a sterile environment now, in particular the referee's who are often unapproachable off and on the pitch

perhaps there are more ex-academy players who have been in a professional environment 

perhaps the forum is a worse place without Wriggers

Hi Duke, we had a welsh referee on Saturday namely James Jones, he was a pleasure to deal with before and after the game and stayed for a pint and a chat. Some of the other referees should follow his example, I am sure they would be respected more.

I don't want to start another you know what, but it's not been the same since the game went from winter to summer.

Prem. = Dockers.

Div 1 = Skirlaugh or Myton.

Div 2 = Not sure as Hull is not represented.

Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to start another you know what, but it's not been the same since the game went from winter to summer.

You're dead right there, it's people trying to turn every thread on here into a summer/winter debate that's killed this forum off.

The banter has been lost because the amatuer game as lost its soul .

The game is over regulated and banter is no longer acceptable as more and more people are jumping on the PC band wagon to find fault each and every time someone posts something .

Every body knows the saying the "lunatics have taken over the asylum " and it's meaning .

I posted a picture of a scene from one flew over the cuckoos nest on Twitter as a fun quote on something I thought was ridiculous .

I was jumped on all over by an RFL employee saying I was degrading the work done by RL cares and mind by printing the picture .

What's worse using that to take the flak off a silly decision or me for having a laugh ?

Archived