latest home venue

DEANO

First of all, I agree completely that we shouldn't be playing at an amateur ground but I'm still going to be annoyingly positive:

1.    It's in York, so all but the "not going while Guildford's still there" brigade should consider attending.

2.    Why does the RFL keep sanctioning the use of grounds which obviously don't meet their criteria?   By now I would have expected them to have given the club a deadline to sort matters out or be suspended.

By bending over backwards, it suggests they still believe that an agreement is possible.

3.    Heworth is actually a lovely venue, despite an obvious lack of facilities.   I thoroughly enjoyed the "Nines" there a few years ago.

4.    What influences me more than anything is the attitude of the players.   Their commitment and professionalism deserve almost unconditional support.   When James Ford talks about the potential and Mark  

Applegarth says it is "scary" what the squad could achieve, it is hard to believe they are playing for a club with such shoddy management.

I am thoroughly looking forward to the match on Sunday and hope a few others are too.

First of all, I agree completely that we shouldn't be playing at an amateur ground but I'm still going to be annoyingly positive:

1.    It's in York, so all but the "not going while Guildford's still there" brigade should consider attending.

2.    Why does the RFL keep sanctioning the use of grounds which obviously don't meet their criteria?   By now I would have expected them to have given the club a deadline to sort matters out or be suspended.

By bending over backwards, it suggests they still believe that an agreement is possible.

3.    Heworth is actually a lovely venue, despite an obvious lack of facilities.   I thoroughly enjoyed the "Nines" there a few years ago.

4.    What influences me more than anything is the attitude of the players.   Their commitment and professionalism deserve almost unconditional support.   When James Ford talks about the potential and Mark  

Applegarth says it is "scary" what the squad could achieve, it is hard to believe they are playing for a club with such shoddy management.

I am thoroughly looking forward to the match on Sunday and hope a few others are too.

I agree with everything - except point 2

The RFL are as complicite in the debacle as all other parties. They should have put their foot down earlier.

But yeah, it is especially important that the "not going while Guildford's still there brigade" attend, to cheer on the lads and jeer out the management.

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Would have gone to this one but only cos I'm a season ticket holder. Would not pay 15 quid to watch it there.anyway can't go as I was offered a weekend away and had no clue as to where the match might be played

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived