The Ashes 2015

Just like in RL, Australia must have thrown the last couple of ames to boost the crowd for the decider. England 89-7, effectively for 8 with Morgan out hurt.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking atmosphere here, the cricket finished hours ago bit the beers and music are still going strong!

Glad you enjoyed it Chuffer, despite the result.  I think that the cricket has one of the best atmospheres you can get, a great range of people, all there to have a good time and watch some (generally) top quality sport.  And plenty of beer.

Glad you enjoyed it Chuffer, despite the result.  I think that the cricket has one of the best atmospheres you can get, a great range of people, all there to have a good time and watch some (generally) top quality sport.  And plenty of beer.

Cheers, have to agree - at one point though, round about 2-3 pm the crowd had given up on the cricket and seemed more interested in the progress of the beer snakes and who could fly the best paper aeroplane!

Afterwards there were loads of people milling about in the entertainment area around the ground drinking, watching a band do covers of the Killers and Stone Roses....a crowd of prob hundreds gathered round to cheer some little kids playing cricket with a tennis ball and an inflatable banana - there were louder roars there than when england played on the pitch.....I said at the time that it's like a good balance between a footie crowd and rugby crowd in that it wasn't too lairy but it was a proper good laugh

Archived