NRL SUPERCOACH 2016 League .SUPERCOACH SEASON 2016 COMPLETED. Final Positions and Premiers Results James - key ring winner

Can't believe I am up to 534th overall, nosebleed territory (I have you in my sights G ;) ). I think the highest I was at any stage last year was about 15,000th!

Only made the one trade last week with Matt Parcell in for J Nikorima which worked out well. Brenton Lawrence and Corey Oates in this week with Kane Evans and Ben Henry getting the boot.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful week for me! I scored roughly 500 points less than my projected score, and I had all 17 players playing so I cant blame it on injuries, it was just a poor showing from pretty much all of them!

After the first two weeks scoring heavily, rounds 3 and 4 have been a stinker! Going to stay positive though, they'll come good soon enough!

Managed to beat Farmduck even though loaded with the flu :-). My best scoring player this week didn't even contribute as I didn't have him in team or bench. Do I play him this week with Burgess due back?

Don't like this captain scores double points just my opinion.

In Farmduck's defence don't think he nominated a bench as I seemed to be up against only 13.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

I think you're right Irish. I'm a newbie to this so I'm just clicking buttons until all the warning msgs stop. Also didn't help that Matai was a late withdrawal.

I just checked and I had a bench for the first 3 rounds so I don't know what happened.

Think you've managed to pip me at the death in our league match G Las D, thought I had it in the bag but Croker scored big today so you pipped my by 4 points. I'm hoping the final count tonight gives me a boost again, because im sure Milfords score increased overnight which pushed you closer to me today!

Congratulations to Geoff on his victory. Captain won it for him and I didn't help by moving Cartwright to un-used sub :banghead:

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

It's still early days but it seems we are settling down now.

This week shows just how comptetitive this league is with decent scores the full length of the ladder.

Well done to everyone who scored over 1,000 points this week and those also who have raised their scores and feel they are getting somewhere with their squads.

First of all then let's look at the Total Points Ladder.

This gives us an overall picture of the season in relation to everyone else.

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R05%20Points%20201

That must be the best set of scores we have ever had. OK we have had higher individual scores, but to get 1,000+ scores  reaching to 16th place and 900's and 800's for all the rest is great.

Our top scorers topped the 1,100 bracket. Highest scorer of the round was Andrew and his Sika's Savages (1149) followed by James and his McKnight's Marvels (1,133). Third highest was Steven and his Mighty Bulldogs (1,114). Congratulations to all three on getting such good scores.

It seems we'll all have to be on our toes this season!

I know from personal experience that picking the right captain is essential.

Now let's have a look at our Head2Head League where our own performance is blended with the luck of the draw, or lack of it.

Points Difference is used to give order to those of us sharing equal league points.

So a big win does wonders for the positioning at this time of the season.

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R05%20H2H_zpsdq9ka

To be more specific and to show how close some of those H2H's were let's have a look at the matches in detail:

Supercoach%20Head2Head%20R05%202016%20_z

Some very close calls then!

David and I were involved in one of them.

I felt guilty at pinching the win on Monday with my last player having a stormer and just, that is just, making up for choosing the wrong captain and having a non-playing player - ah! 

I should have checked this later than I did.

Well how did it go for you.

Have you got any tips to pass on to us all.

Mine is to check that all the players who are supposed to be playing actually do!

Paul Carter escaped the judiciary panel only to be demoted to 18th man!

Good luck in Round 6

All the best,

Graham

Picking the right captain is proving difficult this year, as a lot of the high scorers have not been as consistent this year so I'm having to try and look closer at who's playing who and when I think my gun players such as Burgess, Thurston, Tedesco etc should score well. I'm sure last year I just stuck Thurston as Captain all year and did fairly well with it!

Graham, you had the wrong captain this week, but if I had Milford in my team then id probably have picked him too, he's been on fire all year! (up to last weekend!)

I think I've made some rash trades this year so far, and panicked myself into making some bad choices. I need to try and keep faith with the players who should come good and not chase big scorers from one week to the next.

I'm playing catch up this week with the postings of the R6 weekend results.

This thread can only be updated on Tuesdays here when the scores for the round are finalised.

Was that a funny round or what?

The results of the games were challenging to predict IMO so maybe that made team selection and once more the selection of Captain important and tricky.

I don't know about you but after seeing the results of the games I breathed a sigh of relief. It would be great if we could pick our captains at the end!

Here then is the updated Total Points ladder for our increasingly competitive league after R6:

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R06%20Points%20201

So I make that eight of us who topped the 1,000 point mark this week. Well done all and congratulations to our top scorer of the round David and his Anley Sea Eagles (1096 pts)

There was a tussle round about the 1040/50 mark with G and his Donnie Brascoes staying clear of this with the second highest score of 1,073.

I've remarked before about the good quality of the competition this season so far in this league. Just look all the way down the ladder to see the improvement with lots of scores toppiing the 900 total.

There's not going to be any easy rides at any level this season.

Great!

So how did we do in the Head to Head battles?

Here's the results of all the individual matches in R6:

Supercoach%20Head2Head%20R06%202016%20_z

I shouldn't really pick out any game there as game of the round as there were SO many close calls.

Just look at those scores.

Go on though I have to pick out the match between Steven and his Mighty Buylldogs and James and his McKnight's Marvels with James JUST coming out on top with a tiny difference of +2 points. Congrats James and really hard luck Steven.

Simon (Muenchen Storm) and Geoff (Jessie's Giants) battled out another of the close ones - just 8 points in that one!

Here's what that set of results has done to the Head2Head Ladder:

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R06%20H2H_zpsmxgtl

2016 is looking like it will be the hardest fought and most enjoyable seasons of our Supercoach Competition to date.

Hold on to your hats!!!

Cheers,

Graham

Top scoring was a surprise, I changed my captain last minute which ended up a mistake! I had Tedesco as captain up until Saturday morning when there were rumours he was struggling with injury and may miss the game, so I panicked and switched to Thurston. Thurston scored 32 (double points meant 64), and Tedesco played and scored 85!

Picking the captain this year is a nightmare!

Totally agree Southstander13

I had Teddy as my captain and heard the same rumours.

I was going to be away from the PC and had lots to do.

Because of that and because I had Thurston as my VC I had to let things ride.

I caught some commentary on the Tigers game and heard Teddy's name.

Glad I was too busy to change my mind.

Interesting point:

Some of the best scorers were in losing teams.

That shouldn't be a surprise, especially in close games where the forwards especially are heavily involved.

Looking through various teams it looks like most people have very similar lineups. Picking the right captain is the difference between a good score or an average week.

After a couple of poor choices in recent weeks I'm going for Jesse Bromwich this week who is churning out consistent 70's and 80's.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

If you were considering Greg Bird, as in one of my wilder moments I was, despite my negative thoughts towards him (he's having a good season and is good value)... probably don't go there... well not if you need him to play this week , because he's just copped a one game ban at the judiciary and will be sitting R7 out.

Titans forward Greg Bird has been unsuccessful in his quest to have a careless high tackle charge downgraded at the judiciary on Wednesday night and will miss Saturday's clash with the Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium.

Bird was cited for a hit on James Maloney in the 17th minute of Cronulla's 25-20 win on Sunday and was unable to convince judiciary panel members Royce Ayliffe, Chris McKenna and Matt Cooper that it was worthy of a downgrade from a grade one to a grade two, the panel deliberating for less than 15 minutes before upholding the grading.

N.B. Aaron Woods is out with injury - you knew that anyway I suspect, well:

Ava Seumanufagai is ready to step up in the absence of Wests Tigers skipper Aaron Woods and has urged his teammates to do the same against the Storm at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.Seumanufagai's own role has become greater with Woods ruled out for between four and six weeks after suffering an ankle ligament injury against the Knights.Seumanufagai has been named to start in the front row alongside Tim Grant and it will be just the fourth time in 70 NRL appearances that the 24-year-old will start from the opening whistle. 

Its an interesting theory, having someone like Bromwich as Captain is a good solid choice in that he's fairly consistent with his scores. He's averaging 72 this year, so doubling that gives you a decent score each week, but he is unlikely to score much bigger than that. So he is probably a safe option as captain.

The question is whether you go with the safe option, or if you chase the really big scorers that in one game could pocket 120/130/140+. If you can pick the right captain, and this year seems to be the most difficult year to do that, then you can really score big with one player picking up nearly 300 points! For example, James Tedesco scored 157 in one game this year, meaning those that had him as captain picked up 314 points for one player!

Archived