NRL SUPERCOACH 2016 League .SUPERCOACH SEASON 2016 COMPLETED. Final Positions and Premiers Results James - key ring winner

Exactly G.

Last year was my first playing SC. I too fell into the JT trap. I also got severely burnt when chasing Chris Sandow's one good week. I traded Parker out at Origin time and ran out of trades to bring him back in.

All good lessons I am trying to avoid repeating this year.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great start to the season and have lost another couple of players to injury, again this round!  Its tough deciding whether to swap an injured player or not. Also a couple of players are not really hitting decent scores as expected. Good thing is a couple of my Cheap players are playing full games and look likely to stay there for a fair while.Scoring around the 40/50 mark so hopefully can make money on them later.

If the injured player is a gun or was bought as a keeper then the starting point should be to try and keep them. If it is somebody like Billy Slater however who was bought as a good value keeper and gun then personally I'd trade him as the signs are that he could be out a long time or be finished. Then the decision is who will I go for and will he be cheaper or more expensive after R3 when the prices can be altered. Also , can I afford to wait or do I need to act now just to keep a reasonable side on the field.

Kieran Foran has been cleared of an ongoing hamstring injury and will take his place for Parramatta against local rivals Canterbury on Friday night.

Foran didn’t train all week as he battled a mystery hamstring complaint, but he completed Thursday’s captain’s run to prove his fitness.

other late news:

Bulldogs: Prop David Klemmer is free to play after being cleared at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night. Aiden Tolman (concussion) and Chase Stanley(hamstring) are both right to return, with the Bulldogs to be unchanged.
Eels: Parramatta captain Kieran Foran (hamstring) will play. He proved his fitness in Thursday’s captain’s run — his only training session of the week. No changes expected, with Manu Ma’u (suspension) not named.
Knights: Coach Nathan Brown has reshuffled Newcastle’s backline and will blood yet another debutant this weekend. Teenage rookie Cory Denniss will become the sixth Newcastle player to make his NRL debut in the opening three rounds when he replaces injured winger Akuila Uate. Brown has dumped fullback Jaelen Feeney, with Dane Gagai moving to fullback and brothers Sione Mata’utia and Pat Mata’utiato partner up in the centres. With Sione Mata’utia set to start the game, prop Pauli Pauli, who was named as 18th man, will come on to the bench.
Raiders: No changes. The full squad is fit, with Shaun Fensom (concussion) andLachlan Croker (shoulder) cleared. Croker could have come back on last week but was held back by coach Ricky Stuart. Brenko Lee has been named at centre in place of Joey Leilua (suspension).
Panthers: Waqa Blake (cork)was forced to play the final minutes last week on one leg, with the Panthers out of interchanges. However, he has trained this week and is expected to play. Will Smith returns to the NRL side at fullback, with Dean Whare(calf, round seven) dropping out of the backline.
Broncos: No changes expected, despite some training hiccups during the week.Anthony Milford (groin) limped off on Wednesday, but will be right to play. Darius Boyd, Jordan Kahu, Josh McGuire, Alex Glenn and James Roberts all trained on modified programs, but the club expects them to play. The Broncos hope all will take part in the final run on Friday.
Titans: Young centre Nathan Davis (shoulder) pulled up better than expected from an injury sustained on the weekend and is set to play. John Olive would be the replacement. 18th man Eddy Pettybourne (cork) will also come into contention, with final decisions on Davis and Pettybourne to be made after Friday’s captain’s run. Will Zillman (calf) will miss at least another week.
Tigers: No changes expected from the team named on Tuesday. However, there is plenty of injury news at the Tigers. Robbie Farah (knee) is aiming to return next week. Curtis Sironen (hamstring) will miss a month. Matt Ballin has set his sights on round 10. Justin Hunt (back) has earmarked round five, which is key SuperCoach information for owners of Jordan Rankin, who was competing with Hunt for a wing spot during the pre-season.

I had him as VC and am seriously thinking of doing the VC loophole to maximise his points.

Apparently Nathan Davis is out! Sods law as I have just traded him in :(

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

I had him as VC and am seriously thinking of doing the VC loophole to maximise his points.

Apparently Nathan Davis is out! Sods law as I have just traded him in :(

What's the VCs loophole. I'm starting to think this is far more complicated than I originally thought.

A bit of carnage in the Flat Capper Select this week although I'm very happy with 1196 with Barba still to play in the morning.

Trent Merrin and Burgess (best wishes to big Sam) look like they may be long term absentees. I don't really want to trade either out but can you really afford $800K sat on the bench for a month. Paul Carter will probably be suspended for his cannonball tackle, Nathan Davis out injured and Feeney dropped from the Knights.

A lot to think about this week!

Jack Bird and Tohu Harris just aren't cutting it up to now, but I get the feeling I shouldn't trade out Harris. Thinking of trading out Bird for Barba to free up some cash and look to upgrade Evans for Graham. 

DCE limped off in the R4 game vs Roosters and took no further part.

He's not a player I would have in my SC team anyway.

Jamie Buhrer has broken his hand - hope you haven't got him?

At this rate I'll have no trades left by origin.

FYI

Manly star Daly Cherry-Evans is set to be sidelined for a month after injuring his ankle in the .
Sea Eagles teammate Jamie Buhrer will also likely sit out four games with a broken hand.
Both players will have scans on Monday to determine the full extent of the injuries. But Manly indicated in a statement on Sunday they will be out of action for a while.

You interested in or got Will Hopoate in your SC squad.

If you are considering him beware:

His religion is an element you should take into consideration. As a Mormon he says he won't play in any Sunday games.

Will Hopoate has chosen faith over football, the Canterbury star opting not to train or play on Sundays.

Hopoate has made the move in accordance with his Mormon faith and is unsure if he will play in the grand final if the Bulldogs qualify.

The NSW three-quarter will sit out Sunday matches in rounds 10, 11 and 12 and the move has been ticked off by Bulldogs coach Des Hasler (by that the meaning is Hasler knew this when Hopoate was signed for them - GLasD).

Welll thanks Barney. On the week that Head2Head starts you make it an arm wrestle and bring my score tumbling down. I managed to just beat you by the skin of my teeth. Grrrrrr!

Seriously though that was a bit of a fall from grace for me. The round saw quite a few turn rounds of form for teams and individuals.

Points Total:

Those who picked their teams early with good players and stuck with them might very well have seen their scores grow at last.

Congratulations to those who topped the 1000 point total this week: Just James 1055, Andrew 1063 and Andres 1100 terrific scores in a challenging round.

Top scorer was Andres therefore with his Whocares

Here's the proof:

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R04%20Points%20201

Pretty even for the rest of us all the way down the ladder - hits and misses were the order of the day. Congratulationas if you managed to build a higher score than previous weeks.

Now let's take a look at our first week of Head2Head clashes.

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R04%20H2H_zpsp0ml3

That's the rsults tabled up but here's the actual Head2Head  matches:

Supercoach%20Head2Head%20R04%202016%20_z

The top clash there has to be Flat Capper Select vs Sikas Savages with Andrew (SSav) just beating James (FCS) by 8 points.

How close was that!!! Both had very good scores too.

There were plenty of other close calls too, but that was the closest of the round.

Well, I've to have a serious talk with my players after that round.

I'll model my talk on Bellyache.

The air may be blue and  items might get thrown about.

They will hopefully get my message though and re-double their efforts!

How'd it go for you then?

Archived