48 Hour Squad Declarations

It's my understanding that clubs must submit a 19 man squad to the RFL at 2pm, 48 hours before the day of a game.

That's taken from this downloadable PDF:

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Operational%20Rules%20Calendar%202016%20final%20PDF.pdf

Here's the relevant bit:

Rolling Deadlines

Weekly (2pm on the day 48 hours before the Match)

B1:19 and Match Day Operations Manual 

Squad Declaration System (SL, Championship and League 1 and Academy)

There's no access to the Match Day Operations manual that I can find, so can anyone definitively say what the rules are regarding the named 19 man squad.  By that I mean are there circumstances where one-for-one replacements can be made by a club and what are the rules for when that can and can't happen?  I found a reference saying that 2 players may be substituted with permission of the RFL but it was merely hearsay. 

Think its pretty much a case of if you need to change a squad member just let RFL know with a reason the RFL can't really disprove the reason (illness/injury for example)so are unlikely to challenge it. Monaghan/Hitchcox been an example last night.

I thought the RFL had to approve any changes to the declared 19 man squad, and in order for them to do this the clubs had to submit a valid reason (eg. illness, injury)

Think they do, but let's face it how would they prove that a player hasn't got food poisoning? So in truths it's will always be approved.

Archived