Today

Townie123

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season Doncaster too  fell from grace and sacked Cooke.

It didnt save them.

Discuss

Difference was Cooke was player-coach and he'd become invisible in the shirt. Sad to see for a player of his class but it happens. For me Vievers brings little to the cause in terms of recruitment and man management but we're not owned by Marwan Koukash who had the foresight -and funds- to get shot of him when he bought the laughing stock that the Red Devils had become on Phil's watch. That's the pedigree that we've inherited and we're stuck with it. 

sounds like another wind up about philips , i'd find it strange if ritson went to barrow too giving the other 2 wingers defence were woeful against fev and the bulls ? but maybe a good idea if its going to give people more game time .

Ritson going to Barrow on loan is after the horse has bolted and about 15 months too late

Ritson going to Barrow on loan is after the horse has bolted and about 15 months too late

plus hes our best available winger until sam returns.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Difference was Cooke was player-coach and he'd become invisible in the shirt. Sad to see for a player of his class but it happens. For me Vievers brings little to the cause in terms of recruitment and man management but we're not owned by Marwan Koukash who had the foresight -and funds- to get shot of him when he bought the laughing stock that the Red Devils had become on Phil's watch. That's the pedigree that we've inherited and we're stuck with it. 

Cooke didnt lose his job because he had lost it as a player - he lost it because they were bottom.

Changing coaches can save a team but often it changes little.  Who would want to be a Director.

If f I was the coach and we had a record like we have, and the senior players wanted a change of tactics, I would say Okay lets play it your way for a couple of games and see what happens. Suspect pride gets in the way of that one tho.

How about a months gardening leave ;)

Cooke didnt lose his job because he had lost it as a player - he lost it because they were bottom.

Changing coaches can save a team but often it changes little.  Who would want to be a Director.

If f I was the coach and we had a record like we have, and the senior players wanted a change of tactics, I would say Okay lets play it your way for a couple of games and see what happens. Suspect pride gets in the way of that one tho.

How about a months gardening leave ;)

And they were bottom mainly because Cookie wasn't doing it in the shirt and when you have someone as pivotal as him dropping off the cause the rot soon sets in further down the roster. Donny are a club which demonstrates the see-saw nature of life in the lower echelons of Rugby League -a couple of seasons ago they were carrying all before them -then the sky fell in and they are currently trying their best to claw their way back to credibility. The crucial difference between Donny and Town is nothing more than geography--players dropping down a grade are ten-a penny in the "heartlands"and recruitment involves little in the way of travel-something which we can't tap in to .Couple that with the cynical indifference shown to Cumbrian sides by the blinkered imbeciles at Red Hall and it comes as no surprise that we are in this situation. Cumbria might be an outpost to the RFL but bring on France and Canada! You couldn't make it up.  

After a long spell working in China where internet is restricted I have just got back into the rugby crack. What has happened to the team. I knew things were bad but this bad never, I was looking to come back home to a team that was picking up points here and there but this is really bad. The sad thing is my dad and his mates have stopped going after years of support but he tells me that it's The BOD & PV who are to blame not the players. It's a shame

You certainly haven't been missed, I see nothings changed since you went to China.......still trolling. It's a shame about your dad and his mates giving up on Town, it's a shame.  ;)

Archived