Question Time (9th June 2016)

What a farce of a programme tonight.  It's like a pub full of angry drunk people.  I'll abandon this as a bad effort.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Eddie Izzard made some good points, but how he expected anyone to take him seriously dressed like that is beyond me.  I hope I'm a fair minded chap when it come to gender etc.  But to appear on a serious programme dressed as he was only detracted from his message - a fatal mistake.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Eddie Izzard made some good points, but how he expected anyone to take him seriously dressed like that is beyond me.  I hope I'm a fair minded chap when it come to gender etc.  But to appear on a serious programme dressed as he was only detracted from his message - a fatal mistake.

The first question was on immigration. Izzard wanted to talk about the economy. The second question was on the economy and he wanted to talk about immigration.

I admire his efforts in fund raising but find his idealistic views a comedy and his comedy an affront to the trades description act.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

He did, though, despite maybe dressing as a deliberate (and failed) challenge to some panel members , make some points about the non quantifiable reasons for being in the EU.

But overall, it went like this.

Hillary Benn, " 1 + 1= 2"

Our hero Nigel (for it is he), "no it isn't, 1 + 1 = 11"

Grey Grayling (where is the common fishing policy when you need it?), "no it isn't, 1+1 = 10"

Usual bunch of loudmouth brexiters in audience, intent on shouting Benn and Izzard down.

Archived