NRL 2016 - The run to the Finals

Titans face the most nerve-jangling 24 hours of their season after a crushing 32-16 loss to the Cowboys left their finals dream hanging by a thread.
In a drama-charged Queensland derby, the Gold Coast lost control of their top-eight destiny after failing to upset the premiers at 1300 Smiles Stadium.
Titans players and coach Neil Henry will regroup on Sunday knowing they will officially miss the finals if the Tigers beat the Raiders at Leichhardt Oval.

Well it was all a bit of a none event at Leichardt. Finals now confirmed and I think the NRL probably got their dream fixtures from the 8 that are left.

South Queensland derby, another Queensland derby in Storm v Cows. Sydney based elimination final and then a game in the capital to decide a prelim spot.

Friday, September 9

Brisbane Broncos (5) v Gold Coast Titans (8), Suncorp Stadium, 7.55pm

Saturday, September 10

Canberra Raiders (2) v Cronulla Sharks (3), GIO Stadium, 5.35pm

Melbourne Storm (1) v North Queensland Cowboys (4), AAMI Park, 7.55pm

Sunday, September 11

Penrith Panthers (6) v Canterbury Bulldogs (7), Allianz Stadium, 4.10pm

2016-Finals-Road-Map-NEW.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My GF prediction went out the window. The Raiders can't play the Storm in the GF now. These are the remaining GF possibilities:

Storm/Raiders/Panthers   v    Sharks/Cows/Horsies

So now my best guess would be:  Storm  v  Sharks/Cows

Penrith and Broncos for mine (my record is however absolutely terrible).

Then a Sharks / Panthers Grand Final (one is allowed to dream).

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

ah ah... It's a long one though.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

In my defense, I thought Austin and Hogdson were out.

I should have mentioned that I'd picked the losers :tongue:

* Subject to change

Archived